Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to format command output Post 302479242 by anurag.singh on Friday 10th of December 2010 06:28:27 AM
Old 12-10-2010
Code:

ps -eo pid,pcpu,args | sort +1n | grep -i java | awk -v threshold=<VALUE> '$2 > threshold {print $1,"has crossed the threshold value of cpu";}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing shell script command output

I am trying to check to see if a file exists on a ftp server, well, I know that cant be done, atleast directly, So I came up with this small script ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD cd public_html/crap dir $FILE quit END_SCRIPT Where the $ variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: designflaw
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading command output from shell script

Hi List, How to read the output of a command executed from a script. For ex. sample_scritp.sh ------------- useradd testuser1 password testuser1 .... ..... -------------- This prompts for "password", and "confirm password", for which i need to give the values from script. Can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri b
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluating command output (shell script )

Hello, in a script i would like to evaluate a command output with a grep, for example, to know if the parameter defined by the user is in the output. Something like: the_command | grep $1 Please, how is the way to evalulate in this a script, like if echo "incorrect parameter, not in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process diff command output in a shell script

diff -yta file1 file2 #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.6 | #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.8 Notable thing about above line is "|" appears at 62nd position. When the same line is assigned in a variable in a ksh script, using ss=$(diff -yta file1 file2) it appears as ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaliyajalpesh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shell script - output of top command

I have written shell script to send file as an attachemt of email and output of "top -o res" command as email body. it works fine if i execute manually from prompt but it does not send "top -o res" command output in email body when it is executed via crontab. Any suggestions. My script is below:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to replace output of command

Hi I would like to write a shell script which replace particular text in output of a shell command. For example : If I execute pwd (if dir is /users/master/) it should display as - /users/Master_directory/. Also, for generalising the script I would like to receive parameters when I run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script to format output report

i am new to unix shell scripting, could someone please help me. i was asked to develop a unix script and requirement of the script is as follows: 1. In source directory, if any new files are being dropped by external system then an email should be sent out with a message saying "files are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crefi1545
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pipe command output to shell script?

Hi Team, Need a help on how to pipe a command out put to a shell script. My shell script looks like below. cat shell_script #!/usr/bin/ksh input =$@ echo " we are inside the shell script" echo " here are the input parameters" .......................... .................. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
11 Replies

9. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert any shell command output to JSON format?

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting, Need your help in creating a shell script which converts any unix command output to JSON format output. example: sample df -h command ouput : Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8.1G 4.0G 4.0G 50% /... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
13 Replies
GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)

NAME
git-check-attr - Display gitattributes information SYNOPSIS
git check-attr [-a | --all | attr...] [--] pathname... git check-attr --stdin [-z] [-a | --all | attr...] < <list-of-paths> DESCRIPTION
For every pathname, this command will list if each attribute is unspecified, set, or unset as a gitattribute on that pathname. OPTIONS
-a, --all List all attributes that are associated with the specified paths. If this option is used, then unspecified attributes will not be included in the output. --cached Consider .gitattributes in the index only, ignoring the working tree. --stdin Read file names from stdin instead of from the command-line. -z Only meaningful with --stdin; paths are separated with a NUL character instead of a linefeed character. -- Interpret all preceding arguments as attributes and all following arguments as path names. If none of --stdin, --all, or -- is used, the first argument will be treated as an attribute and the rest of the arguments as pathnames. OUTPUT
The output is of the form: <path> COLON SP <attribute> COLON SP <info> LF <path> is the path of a file being queried, <attribute> is an attribute being queried and <info> can be either: unspecified when the attribute is not defined for the path. unset when the attribute is defined as false. set when the attribute is defined as true. <value> when a value has been assigned to the attribute. EXAMPLES
In the examples, the following .gitattributes file is used: *.java diff=java -crlf myAttr NoMyAttr.java !myAttr README caveat=unspecified o Listing a single attribute: $ git check-attr diff org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java o Listing multiple attributes for a file: $ git check-attr crlf diff myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: crlf: unset org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing all attributes for a file: $ git check-attr --all -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing an attribute for multiple files: $ git check-attr myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/NoMyAttr.java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set org/example/NoMyAttr.java: myAttr: unspecified o Not all values are equally unambiguous: $ git check-attr caveat README README: caveat: unspecified SEE ALSO
gitattributes(5). GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)