Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with rename header content based on reference file problem Post 302479240 by ctsgnb on Friday 10th of December 2010 06:19:17 AM
Old 12-10-2010
Code:
cat Input_File | paste - Ref_File - | awk '{print $2RS$3}'

Code:
# cat input
>data_1
SDFEWRWERWERWRWER
>data_2
FDSFSDFF
>data_3
ARQERREQR

Code:
# cat ref
>AAADF
>RTHQ
>FDSF

Code:
# cat input | paste - ref - | awk '{print $2RS$3}'
>AAADF
SDFEWRWERWERWRWER
>RTHQ
FDSFSDFF
>FDSF
ARQERREQR

This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific pattern header and its content problem facing

Input file: >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 1 Pos: SVAVPQRHHPGGTVFREPIIIPAIPRLVPGWNKPIIIGRHAFGDQYRATDRVIPGPGKLE LVYTPVNGEPETVKVYDFQGGGIAQTQYNTDESIRGFAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMSTKNTI LKRYDGRFKDIFQEIYESTYQKDFEAKNLWYEHRLIDDMVAQMIKSEGGFVMALKNYDGD >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 2 Pos: FAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from data and rename its header problem asking

Input file 1: >pattern_5 GAATTCGTTCATGTAGGTTGASDASFGDSGRTYRYGHDGSDFGSDGGDSGSDGSDFGSDF ATTTAATTATGATTCATACGTCATATGTTATTATTCAATCGTATAAAATTATGTGACCTT SDFSDGSDFKSDAFLKJASLFJASKLFSJAKJFHASJKFHASJKFHASJKFHSJAKFHAW >pattern_1 AAGTCTTAAGATATCACCGTCGATTAGGTTTATACAGCTTTTGTGTTATTTAAATTTGAC... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace character based on reference file problem asking

I got two files right now, input file (target file), reference file 1 (query file) reference file 1 (long list of data) KOLOPWMOPOPO ADASDASD ADSASDASDAD . . target file (one long liner content) ADASDASDTYUKOKOLOPWMOPOPOOPLUAADSASDASDADPOPOUYADADASDASD desired output file content ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing file content based on file header

Hi, I have several text files each containing some data as shown below: File1.txt >DataHeader Data... Data... File2.txt >DataHeader Data... Data... etc. What I want is to change the 'DataHeader' based on the file name. So the output should look like: File1.txt >File1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace column one content based on reference file

Input file 1 testing 10 20 1 A testing 20 40 1 3 testing 23 232 2 1 testing 10 243 2 . . Reference file 1 final 3 used . . Output file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace column one content based on reference file

Input file 1 testing 10 20 1 A testing 20 40 1 3 testing 23 232 2 1 testing 10 243 2 . . Reference file 1 final 3 used . . Output file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the file content based on the Header of the file

Hi All, I want to remove the content based on the header information . Please find the example below. File1.txt Name|Last|First|Location|DepId|Depname|DepLoc naga|rr|tion|hyd|1|wer|opr Nava|ra|tin|gen|2|wera|opra I have to search for the DepId and remove the data from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the column content based on the header

i have a input of csv file as below but the sequence of column get changed. I,e it is not necessary that name comes first then age and rest all, it may vary. name,age,marks,roll,section kevin,25,80,456,A Satch,23,56,789,B Meena,24,78,H245,C So i want to print that column entires which... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : split file and rename and save in path according to content

Hello, I'm using Windows 7 ; sed, awk and gnuwin32 are installed. I have a big text file I need to manipulate. In short, I will have to split it in thousands of short files, then rename and save in a folder which name is based upon filename. Here is a snippet of my big input.txt file (this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sellig
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping record of file 2 based on a reference file 1 in awk

I have 2 input files (tab separated): file1: make_A 1990 foo bar make_B 2010 this that make_C 2004 these those file2: make_X 1970 1995 ref_1:43 ref_2:65 make_A 1970 1995 ref_1:4 ref_2:21 ref_3:18 make_A 1980 2002 ref_1:7 ref_2:7 ref_3:0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies
Parser::Style::Tree(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Parser::Style::Tree(3)

NAME
XML::Parser::Style::Tree SYNOPSIS
use XML::Parser; my $p = XML::Parser->new(Style => 'Tree'); my $tree = $p->parsefile('foo.xml'); DESCRIPTION
This module implements XML::Parser's Tree style parser. When parsing a document, "parse()" will return a parse tree for the document. Each node in the tree takes the form of a tag, content pair. Text nodes are represented with a pseudo-tag of "0" and the string that is their content. For elements, the content is an array reference. The first item in the array is a (possibly empty) hash reference containing attributes. The remainder of the array is a sequence of tag- content pairs representing the content of the element. So for example the result of parsing: <foo><head id="a">Hello <em>there</em></head><bar>Howdy<ref/></bar>do</foo> would be: Tag Content ================================================================== [foo, [{}, head, [{id => "a"}, 0, "Hello ", em, [{}, 0, "there"]], bar, [ {}, 0, "Howdy", ref, [{}]], 0, "do" ] ] The root document "foo", has 3 children: a "head" element, a "bar" element and the text "do". After the empty attribute hash, these are represented in it's contents by 3 tag-content pairs. perl v5.12.1 2003-07-31 Parser::Style::Tree(3)