Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing perl module
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Installing perl module Post 302479198 by pludi on Friday 10th of December 2010 04:32:54 AM
Old 12-10-2010
There are 2 things one usually does before installing a Perl module from source:
  1. Check if it's available through the vendor.
  2. Use the cpan utility to install the module.

To install WWW::Mechanize through CPAN type
Code:
cpan -i WWW::Mechanize

This will download the module, check the pre-requisites, compile (if necessary), and install in the appropriate location.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Perl Module Term::ReadKey??? HELP!!!

I'm new to UNIX..... I'm trying to test a software that requires Perl. I installed Perl 5.004_04 without any problem on a UNIX SCO OpenServer Machine. The software I'm testing also requires some Perl Modules (Net::Telnet, Test::More, Net::Telnet::Cisco & Term::ReadKey). I installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrivas
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Perl Module name in all Perl scripts

I want to replace a Perl module name in all my Perl Scripts in the cgi-bin directory. How is it possible? I have the following statement in my scripts use myUtil; I want to change it to use myUtil777; Regards, Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use a Perl Module without installing it?

I am trying to write a program that will use templates, so I figured I would use the Text::Template CPAN module... ...only problem is that I cant force my "clients" to install this module, cause they are clueless. Is there anyway that I can NOT install it for the whole machine, but install it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

help: error in installing perl module DBD::mysql

Hi, I am trying to install perl module DBD::mysql and don't know how to resolve the following: # make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/00base.............ok 3/5install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl Module

Hi All, When I tried to install Math::Pari module in a AIX 5.3 server,I am getting the following error. # pwd /usr/local/bin # cd Math-Pari-2.010709 # perl Makefile.PL Did not find GP/PARI build directory around. Do you want to me to fetch GP/PARI automatically? (If you do not, you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjithss
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

installing graphical module(GD) on UNIX/Solaris Environment

Hi I'm not able to install graphical GD module in perl for UNIX/Solaris environment. Can anybody suggest? Pooja... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

What to copy in /lib/module while installing new kernel?

I was trying to install new kernel in my backtrack which was having kernel 3.2.6. i tried installing 3.8.5. I refered to book linux kernel in nutshell i followed every step. after i rebooted (i had set new kernel in default as my backtrack doesn't display options to select while booting) it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing ZIP module for PHP

Hi Guys, I am using SOLARIS 10 and I want to install ZIP module for PHP. I went to this link http://pecl.php.net/package/zip and I choose zip-1.12.3.tgz, the latest "stable" release, and then transferred it to my server. Then I went to my path /usr/local/apache2/conf then untar the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

10. Proxy Server

Problem with Installing Perl Module in Fedora 20

Hi, I have downloaded Audio::Beep. I tried to install it through CPAN but i got YAML error. Then I have tried to install it manually. I tried all the instructions provided in README file. It worked but when i am compiling , it still gives me error: # ls acct21.pl~ imap(2).pl ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zak100
15 Replies
WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Chars(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation  WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Chars(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Chars - Fill characters into an HTML form field SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller; use WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Chars; my $f = WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller->new(); # Create a random value for the HTML field "login" my $login = WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Chars->new( login => set => 'alpha', min => 3, max => 8 ); $f->add_value( login => $login ); # Alternatively take the following shorthand, which adds the # field to the list as well : # If there is no password, put a random one out of the list there my $password = $f->add_filler( password => 'Random::Chars' ); DESCRIPTION
This class provides a way to write a randomly chosen value into a HTML field. new NAME, LIST Creates a new value which will correspond to the HTML field "NAME". The "LIST" is the list of arguments passed to Data::Random::rand_chars. If the list is empty, "set => 'alpha', min => 5, max => 8" is assumed. name [NEWNAME] Gets and sets the name of the HTML field this value corresponds to. value FIELD Returns the value to put into the HTML field. EXPORT None by default. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Copyright (C) 2002,2003 Max Maischein AUTHOR
Max Maischein, <corion@cpan.org> Please contact me if you find bugs or otherwise improve the module. More tests are also very welcome ! SEE ALSO
Data::Random, WWW::Mechanize, WWW::Mechanize::Shell, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Value, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Default, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Fixed, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Interactive perl v5.10.1 2009-04-24 WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random::Chars(3pm)