Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Connect SATA Laptop HardDrive to Desktop SATA Slots Post 302479127 by vpundit on Friday 10th of December 2010 12:04:13 AM
Old 12-10-2010

I do this all the time for back ups. I Never encountered any errors. there are brackets you can get for the 2.5 " to fit and stay in desktops computers.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SATA driver for soalris 9

can any one help me look for a driver for SATA harddisk, im installing solaris 9 to it. thanks and regards msouthofheavenk ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msouthofheavenk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sata support

i have a system which has two hard disks..one is sata and the other one is normal ata hard disk. i wish to install red hat enterprise linux WS(desktop edition) on my sata hard disk..but the installer shows me only my ata hard disk.. i searched the net..it says that a library-- libata will let it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.jss
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux o.s on two sata's.

Hi, I have two sata hard-disks. Out of those, one is having RHEL5 operating system, and other is having fedora7 operating system. When I connect the disk with RHEL5 operating system to sata0 port and disk with fedora7 operating system to sata1 port. While booting it shows RHEL5 boot screen,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trying to setup a sata drive using a sata to scsi adaptor

trying to setup a sata drive using a sata to scsi adaptor I have a sata 1TB Deskstar that I had setup before and during shipment from a facilty to another, the disk failed. The handling was not great, lots of throwing boxes, etc. I have a new disk from Hitachi (thankyou Hitachi) anyway, I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mndavies
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

sata/sas controller on redhat

Hi All, How do I verify the sata/sas controller status on my redhat 2.6? Thanks. Itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Hardware

SATA drive FAT recover

I had ACER aspiron one netbook with dual bootable (Windows XP and Debian). Recently I found XP is messy and Debian has new version published. I plan to recover XP and install new version of Debian. But I failed to recover XP from Hidden Partition. I thought it is because I install GRUB in the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinnud
15 Replies

7. Hardware

SPARC, SCSI -> SATA?

I'm thinking about suggesting my boss to go for sata adapter and SSD, instead of buying new SCSI drives for SPARC. out here, a brand new 70Gb SCSI drive is about 100euros, and 140Gb is 200eur! (for that price, one could probably buy the adapter.) has anyone tried it? how well do modern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Question on SATA 300 vs SATA 600

I have an upgrade path in mind for a new computer that will be stocked with a 2TB SATA 300 hard disk. This is a choice based on information that SATA 300 is not necessarily faster than SATA 600. The upgrade path in a year time or so would then involve the purchase of an SSD that would contain the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Sata 2 port not working

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine. On my GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard there are two 6 Gb/s SATA ports (Marvell 9128 chip), but when I connect a hard drive to one of them, the system does not recognize it. However, when I boot from a USB install image (downloaded from here Oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies
UPSDRVCTL(8)							    NUT Manual							      UPSDRVCTL(8)

NAME
upsdrvctl - UPS driver controller SYNOPSIS
upsdrvctl -h upsdrvctl [OPTIONS] {start | stop | shutdown} [ups] DESCRIPTION
upsdrvctl provides a uniform interface for controlling your UPS drivers. You should use upsdrvctl instead of direct calls to the drivers whenever possible. When used properly, upsdrvctl lets you maintain identical startup scripts across multiple systems with different UPS configurations. OPTIONS
-h Display the help text. -r directory If starting a driver, this value will direct it to chroot(2) into directory. This can be useful when securing systems. This may be set in the ups.conf with "chroot" in the global section. -t Enable testing mode. This also enables debug mode. Testing mode makes upsdrvctl display the actions it would execute without actually doing them. Use this to test out your configuration without actually doing anything to your UPS drivers. This may be helpful when defining the sdorder directive in your ups.conf(5). -u username If starting a driver, this value will direct it to setuid(2) to the user id associated with username. If the driver is started as root without specifying this value, it will use the username that was compiled into the binary. This defaults to "nobody", and is far from ideal. This may be set in ups.conf with "user" in the global section. -D Raise the debug level. Use this multiple times for additional details. COMMANDS
upsdrvctl supports three commands - start, stop and shutdown. They take an optional argument which is a UPS name from ups.conf(5). Without that argument, they operate on every UPS that is currently configured. start Start the UPS driver(s). stop Stop the UPS driver(s). shutdown Command the UPS driver(s) to run their shutdown sequence. Drivers are stopped according to their sdorder value - see ups.conf(5). Warning this will probably power off your computers, so don't play around with this option. Only use it when your systems are prepared to lose power. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
NUT_CONFPATH is the path name of the directory that contains upsd.conf and other configuration files. If this variable is not set, upsdrvctl the driver use a built-in default, which is often /usr/local/ups/etc. DIAGNOSTICS
upsdrvctl will return a nonzero exit code if it encounters an error while performing the desired operation. This will also happen if a driver takes longer than the maxstartdelay period to enter the background. SEE ALSO
nutupsdrv(8), upsd(8), ups.conf(5) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 UPSDRVCTL(8)