Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: init phase
Operating Systems Solaris init phase Post 302479101 by saudsos on Thursday 9th of December 2010 09:11:11 PM
Old 12-09-2010
init phase

Hello,
Can somebody explain me the relationship between /sbin and /etc directories ? what is the relationship between them and what are the roles of files such as rcd.1 etc?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

Difference between 'init s' and 'init 1'

What is the difference between 'init s' and 'init 1'. I know that both will work to change the current run level to single user mode. Is there any difference in those two commands? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

What is the diffe b/w init s and init S

i did my research in finding the answer but couldn't find right one. Please give your inputs. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranumala
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

7. War Stories

Postbit Changes (Phase II Upgrade)

Next in the pipeline, thinking I will work on postbit (the core of the posts) and try to get Bootstrap and badges working in postbit and not break the quick editors in the post. Note, I had to turn off the scrollbars in postbit for now because when I turn them on, it breaks the quick editor in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Phase with awk

Hi Guys, Input XML File :- <managedObject class="RMOD_R" distName="MRBTS-101/X/R-7"> <list name="activeCellsList"> <p>15</p> <p>201</p> </list> <p name="aldManagementProtocol">True</p> <p name="serialNumber">845</p> </managedObject> Output :- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
5 Replies

9. Docker

Docker learning Phase-I

Hello All, I had recently learnt a bit of Docker(which provides containerization process). Here are some of my learning points from it. Let us start first with very basic question: What is Docker: Docker is a platform for sysadmins and developers to DEPLOY, DEVELOP and RUN applications ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
7 Replies
NetApp::Snapmirror(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   NetApp::Snapmirror(3pm)

NAME
NetApp::Snapmirror -- OO class for snapmirror relationships SYNOPSIS
use NetApp::Filer; use NetApp::Snapmirror; my $filer = NetApp::Filer->new( .... ); my @snapmirrors = $filer->get_snapmirrors; my $volume = $filer->get_volume( .... ); my @snapmirrors = $volume->get_snapmirrors; DESCRIPTION
This class encapsulates a single snapmirror relationship, and provides methods for querying information about it, as well as methods for managing it. METHODS
get_filer Returns the NetApp::Filer object for the filer on which this snapmirror relationship is defined. get_source Returns a NetApp::Snapmirror::Source object representing the source filer/volume for this snapmirror relationship. get_destination Returns a NetApp::Snapmirror::Destination object representing the source filer/volume for this snapmirror relationship. Miscellaneous get_* methods All of the following get methods return strings which match the values found for each of the obvious keywords in the output of "snapmirror status -l": get_status get_progress get_state get_lag get_mirror_timestamp get_base_snapshot get_current_transfer_type get_current_transfer_error get_contents get_last_transfer_type get_last_transfer_size get_last_transfer_duration get_last_transfer_from NOTE: In a future release, when snapshots are supported as a proper object, the return value of get_snapshot will almost certainly return such an object. perl v5.14.2 2008-11-26 NetApp::Snapmirror(3pm)