Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Configure sendmail to use exchange server Post 302479062 by ahmed_salah on Thursday 9th of December 2010 03:50:17 PM
Old 12-09-2010
hi,
i already change sendmail.cf file with this parameter

regarding code u send i do not underestand what i do with it

this is the o/p from mailx command

# mailx -s "subject" ahmed_salah@gasco.com.eg << /dev/null
> Null message body; hope that's ok
ahmed_salah@gasco.com.eg... User unknown
/dead.letter... Saved message in /dead.letter

attached is sendmail.cf after changed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx)

Hi, Can anyone pls. tell me how to access Active directory from solaris. I am looking at solution by which I can send mail notification from the logs generated by scripts, to the users on Exchange server. I am trying for a Perl-LDAP module , but don't realy know how to go for it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshh
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I configure sendmail?

I am trying to run sendmail from a script with the results from that same script. Each time I use sendmail I get the following message in /var/log/maillog: Feb 27 02:25:42 (none) sendmail: m1R1Pg3S013841: to=test@test.com,just,testing, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bronkeydain
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding sendmail and exchange 5.5

Hi all, I have a question. I am running an exchange 5.5 server and a UNIX DNS server. Currently, I am able to receive messaages but cannot send messages. By send I mean that I create a message, hit the send button, it hits the outbox and disappears. I checked the MTA on 5.5 and the message is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Racela
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

How to configure sendmail in solaris 10

how to configure sendmail in solaris 10 ???? Anyone knows, pls share the documents. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10

Hello, I need help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10. I have to configure sendmail to send mail on the Internet, now works only for sending mail for local users. I'm studying several tutorials ... When I try to send a mail to an external address (eg aaaa@gmail.com) the mail is placed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arfry
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't configure sendmail to send mails to external SMTP Server

Hi all,I know, that this is very common issue, but I can't find where is the problem... I have Solaris 10 installed.I want to send mail to external SMTP server, like:echo "letter body"| mailx -s "subject" test@test.comBut I donno what kind of changes I have to do in /etc/hosts and sendmail.cf or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx Vs sendmail to send internal emails to exchange

Hi Gurus, I have been searching for this around, but sendmail seems complicated and not sure if "mail" command would do, since all what I need to send internal emails from my solaris 10 box to our exchange server. Would the mailx or mail command do ? I tried the : # mailx -s test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
2 Replies

10. Linux

Configure Postfix to relay to Exchange Server with NTLM authentication

Hello I have a shell script, which should send email, if any error occurred. This script is running in Red Hat Linux 4.6, and want to configure postfix so it can relay to an Exchange Server. The Authorization method of Exchange server, I guess is: 250-AUTH NTLM. So I have: Server A ( Red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
1 Replies
GPG-MAILKEYS(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GPG-MAILKEYS(1)

NAME
gpg-mailkeys - sends emails containing keys to their owners SYNOPSIS
gpg-mailkeys id... DESCRIPTION
gpg-mailkeys sends the owners of the keys listed on the command line a mail each, containing their public key. After signing, you can use this tool to send everyone the new signatures they just got. If you're interested in encrypting the signature before it's sent, in order to verify that the associated address actually belongs to the key owner, you should check out caff OPTIONS
None ENVIRONMENT
NAME Set the name to use when sending messages EMAIL Set the email address to use when sending messages SUBJECT Set the subject of the messages you send TEXT Set the body text of the messages SENDMAIL_ARGS Set arguments to pass to /usr/sbin/sendmail. This can be useful to set credentials in order to authenticate to an smtp server when using ssmtp for example. FILES
The behavior of gpg-mailkeys can be updated through some files available in the user home directory. Thus, ~/.gpg-mailkeysrc allows the user to overwrite the default value for the above environment variables, and any text in ~/.signature will be appended to the end of the body text of the message. SEE ALSO
gpg(1),caff(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org>. Nov 23, 2010 GPG-MAILKEYS(1)