Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Restore and upgrade concurrently Post 302479020 by manifestox on Thursday 9th of December 2010 12:29:46 PM
Old 12-09-2010
I guess i learn something new everyday. Thanks shock

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple Oracle procedures concurrently

I am using KSH with an OS of AIX Version 5.3. From my shell script, that will be scheduled thorugh a CRON, I need to execute 2 Oracle stored procedures concurrently. If we execute them one at a time, the total execution time takes 4 hours or more. Since they are not dependent on each other and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: multidogzoomom
6 Replies

2. Programming

Run 4-processes concurrently

How can i run a back ground process.... I.e for example by using fork() i need to run seperate 4 background processes.. How can send a process to background ??? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ugp
9 Replies

3. Programming

how to run socket programme and file management concurrently

hi i have a server socket programme which is running in HP/UX system and then need to add a function about refreshing memory every miniute because the socket programme is blocked , i have no idea about this what should i do thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: benbenpig
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running same script multiple times concurrently...

Hi, I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. I've got a Python script that I need to run 60 times concurrently (with the number added as an argument each time) via nightly cron. I figured that this would work: 30 1 * * * for i in $(seq 0 59); do $i \&; done However, it seems to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckhowe
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming files concurrently

I have a file which is written by an ongoing process (actually it is a logfile). I want to trim this logfile with a script and save the trimmed portion to another file or display it to <stdout> (it gets picked up there by another process). Fortunately my logfile has a known format (XML) and i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
3 Replies

6. AIX

mksysb restore - Wrong OS level for restore

Hi all, I am still working on my mksysb restore. My latest issue is during an alt_disk_install from tape I got the following error after all the data had been restored. 0505-143 alt_disk_install: Unable to match mksysb level 5.2.0 with any available boot images. Please correct this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running function or command concurrently in a bash script

I currently run a script over a vpnc tunnel to back-up my data to a remote server. However for a number of reasons the tunnel often collapses. If I manually restore the tunnel then the whole thing can continue, but I want to add into my script a section whereby while the transfer is taking place,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dj_bridges
8 Replies

8. Solaris

restore metastat configuration after solaris upgrade

Greetings How can i restore metastat db after a solaris upgrade (9 to 10)? will it work if i save and restore /etc/vfstab and /etc/lvm/md.cf file? root@netad# metastat d35: Mirror Submirror 0: d38 State: Okay Submirror 1: d39 State: Okay Pass:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run script concurrently

Hi all, I have one script. Its job is to get 1 file from dirA and 1 file from dirB as parameters for another python script. However, there are a lot of files in both dir A and B, so running this scripts really takes a lot of time. So I wonder if there are any ways that I can do this faster,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyomano
6 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)