Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Prompt user for info
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Prompt user for info Post 302479018 by ctsgnb on Thursday 9th of December 2010 12:06:57 PM
Old 12-09-2010
Code:
while :
do
     echo "Enter your directory name :"
     read dn
     echo "Your directory will be $dn , do you confirme y/n?"
     read ans
     case $ans in
          y) mkdir $dn && break ;;
          n) echo "$dn will not be created, try again" ;;
          *) echo "Wrong answer"; exit 1 ;;
     esac
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User log in info

Hi, I am using SunOS and HP-UX. I am trying to removed user that has not been using the system for a period of time. Is there anyway to find out how long since the last time the user logged on. I know there is command "last" that read from the file /etc/wtmp that hold some of information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting user info on a file

I know this is prob a simple question but anyway here goes. I want to find out the owner of a certain file. I also want to find out what permissions that owner has. Is their any command that is similair to file in that it can tell men this specfic information about a file the way file tells you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Quesa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Info

How could I get the details about a user logged in a Unix system? ( WHat tasks did he perform or if he had changed any file or not)? Please answer my question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_dhar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a user prompt

Hi, I am attempting to write a BASH shell script that will prompt users for responses before accomplishing some tasks. Due to the top-to-bottom nature of shell scripts, asking users questions in sequence is quite easy. However, I am interested in allowing users to go back to and re-answer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user> to user@host> ssh prompt

Hi, I was wondering how to change the prompt for my ssh login. At the moment it is like user> while I'd like it to be as user@host> It is in the .bash_profile or .ssh ??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update LDIF User info based on Test User Certs ID's

Hi I need help.......... I have an Sun One Directory server LDIF file with 5000 user entries, I need to change the data to match Test ID's, so I can run a perf test. I'm way out of my league as I have not done any scripting for 10 years. There are four entries for each user in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macdaddy99
3 Replies

7. Linux

Could not get info for user -- wbinfo

Hi Experts, I'm not able to get the info of user's from wbinfo. But I'm able to join the user in domain(net rpc join -U username....). I have deleted the *.tdb file under /var/lib/smaba and set winbind cache time = 40 and restarted the winbind, Still it not works.. And not able to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeegopikannan
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux user prompt

Hi, I cant seem to get this right. Lets say I have root privileges and I wanted: a ) edit the user prompt to show "linux1234$" whenever they log-in. also b ) Show a message for users upon logging in. I know a) has something to do with editing PS1. but how to only apply the change for users?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Azi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

User prompt for perl

perl -aF/\\t/ -lne 'BEGIN{%m=map{chomp;s/\cM|\cJ//g;$p=join("\t",(split/\t/));($p,$_)} <>;$m{"#CHROM\tINFO"}=$m{"Chr\tSegment Position"}};/SEGPOS=(\d+)/ || /\t(INFO)\t/ or next;$p=$F."\t".$1;exists $m{$p} and print join("\t",$_,$m{$p})' 12345_Marfan20_Output_Mutation_Report.txt <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)