Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server Post 302478996 by ahmed_salah on Thursday 9th of December 2010 10:44:23 AM
Old 12-09-2010
Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error user unknown
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Double post, continued here, thread closed

Last edited by pludi; 12-09-2010 at 11:50 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email to another server on AIX

I am trying to send an email to another server but i don't seem to be able to do it. I can receive mail form other servers but not send out. I am using IBM AIX 4.x Any knows whcih configuration file i need to set ? or any network port to look out for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx)

Hi, Can anyone pls. tell me how to access Active directory from solaris. I am looking at solution by which I can send mail notification from the logs generated by scripts, to the users on Exchange server. I am trying for a Perl-LDAP module , but don't realy know how to go for it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshh
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email using Exchange as SMTP

Hi. I have a Tru64 Unix V5.1 server that I would like to send emails using an exchange server we have on the same network as the smtp of this machine. What are the requirements/configuration that I need to do in order to make this possible. We are planning on emailing error messages and such from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidodido
2 Replies

4. AIX

how to configure server to send email in AIX

Hi, anyone can guide me how to configure server to send email in AIX. My server is in a closed network, what do I need to configure and how? SMTP gateway? mail server? Thanks and best regards Solomon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 6.1 SMTP Server ?

Hello, Looking for Document how to install / configure SMTP Server on AIX 6.1 is it through smitty menu ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Send mail from redhat box to exchange server

we have an exchange server in company as excmailbocx.company.com i wanna send mail using sendmail from redhat to my exchange mail account how can it be possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oguzhantrg
1 Replies

7. AIX

Configure sendmail to use exchange server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't configure sendmail to send mails to external SMTP Server

Hi all,I know, that this is very common issue, but I can't find where is the problem... I have Solaris 10 installed.I want to send mail to external SMTP server, like:echo "letter body"| mailx -s "subject" test@test.comBut I donno what kind of changes I have to do in /etc/hosts and sendmail.cf or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

9. AIX

Enable send email through smtp - exchange on AIX 6.1

Please help, i can not to send email from AIX 6.1 to outside network through STMP - Exchange. Any one can help ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ichsan
1 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

SMTP Server - dump email

Background: I am replicating a set of servers into a "bubble" for testing. Those systems cannot be aware they are in a "bubble" so I must replicate all external services. I have successfully replicated most of those services except SMTP. I would like to configure an SMTP server that collects... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NFN_NLN
0 Replies
automysqlbackup(8)					    Automatically backup MySQL						automysqlbackup(8)

NAME
automysqlbackup - backup all of your database daily, weekly, and monthly SYNOPSIS
automysqlbackup DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the automysqlbackup command. configuration is stored within the /etc/default/automysqlbackup file PARAMETERS
USERNAME=dbuser Username to access the MySQL server e.g. dbuser PASSWORD="password" Username to access the MySQL server e.g. password DBHOST=localhost Host name (or IP address) of MySQL server e.g localhost DBNAMES="DB1 DB2 DB3" List of DBNAMES for Daily/Weekly Backup e.g. "DB1 DB2 DB3" BACKUPDIR="/backups" Backup directory location e.g /backups MAILCONTENT="stdout" Mail setup What would you like to be mailed to you? - log : send only log file - files : send log file and sql files as attachments (see docs) - stdout : will simply output the log to the screen if run manually. - quiet : Only send logs if an error occurs to the MAILADDR. MAXATTSIZE="4000" Set the maximum allowed email size in k. (4000 = approx 5MB email [see docs]) MAILADDR="user@domain.com" Email Address to send mail to? (user@domain.com) ADVANCED OPTIONS
MDBNAMES="mysql $DBNAMES" List of DBBNAMES for Monthly Backups. DBEXCLUDE="" List of DBNAMES to EXCLUDE if DBNAMES are set to all (must be in " quotes) CREATE_DATABASE=yes Include CREATE DATABASE in backup? SEPDIR=yes Separate backup directory and file for each DB? (yes or no) DOWEEKLY=6 Which day do you want weekly backups at? (1 to 7 where 1 is Monday) COMP=gzip Choose Compression type. (gzip or bzip2) COMMCOMP=no Compress communications between backup server and MySQL server? LATEST=no Additionally keep a copy of the most recent backup in a separate directory. MAX_ALLOWED_PACKET= The maximum size of the buffer for client/server communication. e.g. 16MB (maximum i SOCKET= For connections to localhost. Sometimes the Unix socket file must be specified. #PREBACKUP="/etc/automysqlbackup/mysql-backup-pre" Command to run before backups (uncomment to use) #POSTBACKUP="/etc/automysqlbackup/mysql-backup-post" Command run after backups (uncomment to use) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon@adv-solutions.net>. for the Debian GNU/Linux system, but can be used by others. wipe_out 6 Sep 2008 automysqlbackup(8)