Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Where do I find my mac that is connected via Firewire in Terminal application? Post 302478928 by Straitsfan on Thursday 9th of December 2010 08:11:36 AM
Old 12-09-2010
So how do I know which connection I have, and how do I only make it I firewire connection? Is the network connection something that happens automatically when you have the computers going through the router?

And what exactly is a mounted file system?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

New to Mac OS X Terminal

Hi everyone. I'm new to using the Terminal and was just wondering if anyone had a link to perhaps a list of commands. And tips on some useful websites to visit or books to read. Oh and is there a way to delete just part of the Terminal's history? If so what is the command? Thanks :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsemperidem5
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

application to be run on machines connected in same network

I have a set up of 5 machines which are connected in same network. Now i want to run a small application so that those machines are not ideal. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to find the IP address of a computer that I am connected to?

Hi all, One of my computers (an iMac) was recently stolen, but I have been able to connect to it over the internet through Apple's 'back to my mac' feature. In order for the police to find these people they need to know the IP address of the stolen computer. I suspect that I will have find the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJFoulston
6 Replies

4. Programming

Redirecting Terminal to Local Application!

i wanted to execute some terminal commands on local linux, parse their output and display it to the user, i checked netcat source code but i couldnt understance it since im new to c (and linux at the same time). so i was wondering if there is away to run an instance of terminal hidden, read and... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonhyM
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pbpaste to application in terminal

Is it possible to execute a pbpaste command to an application or current application in focus? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhill2
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to see connected macs through terminal?

Been a while since I've been here; I have my iMac and MBpro connected via firewire, and they can see each other when I open the finder windows. But I'd like to be able to 'see' each computer on the other via the terminal application; and I can't see them right now. I can transfer files via the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
0 Replies

7. Open Source

The Terminal on Mac OS X

Does anyone know the differences in commands when it come to Linux and Mac OS X? I'm wanting to know if I use "this" command in Linux and It doesn't work in Mac then what command is equivalent to the one in Linux. Example Ctrl+Alt+f2 switches to (tty2) so what equivalent switches to ttys2 on Mac? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1negroup
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies
PG_TTY(3)																 PG_TTY(3)

pg_tty - Return the TTY name associated with the connection

SYNOPSIS
string pg_tty ([resource $connection]) DESCRIPTION
pg_tty(3) returns the TTY name that server side debugging output is sent to on the given PostgreSQL $connection resource. Note pg_tty(3) is obsolete, since the server no longer pays attention to the TTY setting, but the function remains for backwards compati- bility. PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. When $connection is not present, the default connection is used. The default connection is the last connection made by pg_connect(3) or pg_pconnect(3). RETURN VALUES
A string containing the debug TTY of the $connection, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_tty(3) example <?php $pgsql_conn = pg_connect("dbname=mark host=localhost"); if ($pgsql_conn) { print "Server debug TTY is: " . pg_tty($pgsql_conn) . "<br/> "; } else { print pg_last_error($pgsql_conn); exit; } ?> PHP Documentation Group PG_TTY(3)