Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to send email as HTML format with attachment ? Post 302478916 by pludi on Thursday 9th of December 2010 07:20:32 AM
Old 12-09-2010
There's no easy way to fulfill your requirements from the command line. Sending HTML emails: easy. Sending HTML emails with images and an attached PDF: not so easy. The problem is that you'll either have to provide a full URL for the images, or attach them too.

Instead of sending from the command line, I'd suggest taking a look at MIME::Lite. It even includes an example of how to send an HTML mail with images.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an attachment and html text both in the same mail

Hi all, I am working on UNIX (Solaris28). I would like to send an email in which the body will be in html format and, in the same mail, a xls file has to be attached. I have tried this: the file is correctly attached but the body comes as html source and not formatted. If I do not attach the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefan.yu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to send an email attachment

i know its pretty repeated query, but i need to post it in this new thread coz i need it urgently uuencode /var/tmp/chandra/emaillist.txt emaillist.txt | mail -s "message with encoded attachment" am unable to send the attachment emaillist.txt present in the path /var/tmp/chandra/ Is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
11 Replies

4. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail with inline html along with attachment. Please help!

The below code is not working. I am able to send only inline html or only attachment. When trying to do both, only inline html is sent without attachment. Please help! #!/bin/ksh (echo "Subject: Test Mail - HTML Format" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

html format email with attachment in unix

Team, I have the below code, which is working fine and it sends the html report using sendmail command. I want to attach one more file ( which goes as attachment ) in that email. How to achieve it. i tried with uuencode. But no luck :mad: outputFile="/tmp/out.html" ( echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending html email with html attachment

Hello, I have a script which is sending an html file as an attachment. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="user@company.com" export CONTENT="/usr/tmp/file.html" export SUBJECT="EmailSubject" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenathkg
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send attachment with the email

Hi All, The below code is working fine for me. mailx -s hello abc@xyz.com <<EOT Hello !!! How are you? Regards Rahul EOT But i am not able to send csv file with the mail .Getting just themail but not the attachment. uuencode /path/s1.csv | mailx -s hello abc@xyz.com <<EOT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email HTML + PDF attachment?

I am attempting to write a script where I can pass in parameters ( to , from, the location of a pdf attachment ) and send an email that has HTML for the body content and a PDF as an attachment. I have failed to achieve this with sendmail and mutt. I recently found this. If there are any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvsrvcs
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Unable to send attachment with html tables in UNIX shell script

Heyy, any help would be grateful.... LOOKING FOR THE WAYS TO SEND AN EMAIL WITH ATTACHMENT & HTML TABLES IN BODY THROUGH SHELL SCRIPT (LINUX)..NOT SURE, IF WE HAVE ANY INBUILT HTML TAG OR UNIX COMMAND TO SEND THE ATTACHMENTS. KINDLY HELP below is small script posted for our understanding..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harsha Vardhan
2 Replies
LedgerSMB::Mailer(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    LedgerSMB::Mailer(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::Mailer - Mail output for LedgerSMB SYNOPSIS
COPYRIGHT
#==================================================================== # LedgerSMB # Small Medium Business Accounting software # http://www.ledgersmb.org/ # # Copyright (C) 2006 # This work contains copyrighted information from a number of sources # all used with permission. # # This file contains source code included with or based on SQL-Ledger # which # is Copyright Dieter Simader and DWS Systems Inc. 2000-2005 # and licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or, at # your option, any later version. For a full list including contact # information of contributors, maintainers, and copyright holders, # see the CONTRIBUTORS file. # # Original Copyright Notice from SQL-Ledger 2.6.17 (before the fork): # Copyright (C) 2002 # # Author: DWS Systems Inc. # Web: http://www.sql-ledger.org # # Contributors: # # Original Author and copyright holder: # Dieter Simader dsmimader@sql-ledger.com #==================================================================== METHODS
LedgerSMB::Mailer->new(...) Create a new Mailer object. If any arguments are passed in, a message that uses them will be automatically prepared but not sent. $mail->prepare_message(to => $to, from => $from, ...) Prepares and encodes base message for sending or adding attachments. Arguments to, from, cc, bcc Address fields for the email. subject The subject for the email. message The message body for the email. contenttype The conttent type for the body of the message, not for any attachments. notify Sets the Disposition-Notification-To header (read receipt request) for the message. This header will only be added if a from address is set. $mail->attach(data => $data, file => $file, filename => $name, strip => $strip) Add an attachment to the prepared message. If $data is specified, use the value of that variable as the attachment value, otherwise attach the file given by $file. If both a file and data are given, the data is attached. filename must be given and is used to name the attachment. $strip is an optional string to remove from the filename send with the attachment. $mail->send Sends a prepared message using the method configured in ledgersmb.conf. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-26 LedgerSMB::Mailer(3pm)