Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting write shell script to rename file Post 302478899 by michaelrozar17 on Thursday 9th of December 2010 06:34:54 AM
Old 12-09-2010
Have a counter defined and call it in the variable newfile
Code:
count=0
find /root/data -type f -name "text*" | while read FILES
do
	count=$(( ${count} +1 )) # shorter one (( count += 1 ))
	newfile=${FILES/type_2.0_20101208_${count}.xml/tmp.xml}
	mv "$FILES" "$newfile"
done

However i believe type_2.0_20101208_34.xml is directory in this case (FILES/type_2.0_20101208_34.xml/tmp.xml)

Last edited by michaelrozar17; 12-09-2010 at 07:55 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to rename or change file extension case.

I searched the forum, but there was different type of rename. Hello. I have files in folder. Like: xxxxxxxx1.html or xxxxxxxx2.txt or xxxxxxxx3.tar.gz and how to rename or change file extension case to xxxxxxxx1.htm or xxxxxxx2.TXT or (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheldon
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script to notify when certain texts appear in a file?

I have a server and occasionally the file mysqld.log would show something like /usr/libexec/mysqld: Disk is full writing './example_com_-_wordpress/wp_statpress.MYD' (Errcode: 122). Waiting for someone to free space... Retry in 60 secs How do I write a simple shell script to check mysqld.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acider
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rename a file to a file_current datetime in a shell script

Hi all, Could anyone suggest me on Renaming a file to a file_current datetime in a shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

write shell script to search file in folder

hi .. i have a problem how to search file with date and version number(ms_2.0_dd/mm/yy_24)in folder.Here 24 is version number and compare the this file to other file which is in another folder and if does not match then copy this file to respective folder.Also copy different files in different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write output to a file using Korn shell script

All, Can anyone please help me with the below scenario in korn shell script. Can anyone please give me some hints to proceed on this. I have a Flat file of the below format. Input file format:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp999
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write multiple lines to a file using shell script?

I need to create an xml using shell script, but i first want to know how can i write multiple lines to file using shell script? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write the specific content in the file through shell script

Hello, I need to do one thing that my script creates the file touch release.SPLASH_12_03_00_RC01.txt Now I want to update that file with some content e.g splashbuild::SPLASH_12_17_00_RC02.zip Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write rename script?

I have files fd01.calc,fd02.calc,fd03.calc..I want to rename in fd01.picks,fd02.picks,fd03.picks How to do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikibelavista
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required with a file rename shell script

Hello everyone, Posting here after a long time, been away from unix world lately and it seems I have forgotten my shell scripting completely. I have a requirement where a csv file contains following columns: Full Registration VIN Stock... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
14 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)