Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX backup script failed with error '0403-005 Cannot create the specified file' Post 302478890 by jalite19 on Thursday 9th of December 2010 06:16:50 AM
Old 12-09-2010
backup script failed with error '0403-005 Cannot create the specified file'

In AIX 5.1, a daily run script that backing up oracle data failed yesterday with following errors:
The Tivoli backup of DBPROD failed.
Quote:
Exiting in error with code 99.
A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
/apps/tivoli/dbfiles_dsm.v2[220]: ~oracle/admin/backdbobj.sum: 0403-005 Cannot create the specified file.
There was a problem sending the database backup to Tivoli.
What could be the issue, OS, backup or Oracle?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting error 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file while reading a long line

Hi, I have an requirement of reading a long line of 7000 chars and cutting it iam doing this : while read -r x do echo $x ......... done < `cat filename` when iam doing this it is giving me "0403-016 Cannot find or open the file." Can anyone let how this can be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthee
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup failed

I'm getting following message at my EOD backup script:sh: line1: /dev/rct0: cannot create What could be the possible causes for this error and how could I resolve it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Error: 13192.sumr: 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file.

Hello, i am familiar enough with unix to do some damage but thats about it. We have a set of RS/6000 43P Model 150's running AIX for our Catia V4 programmers. back in the 90's a script was written to automate the conversion of files into machine code. that script has started giving us... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgruenwald
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with shell script - Error: 0403-057

Hi, I am new to shell scripts may be the error is very very small and i am unable to catch hold of it, any suggestion would be appreciated....error is at the bottom: +210 # get file type +211 filetype=`tail -1 "$inputdir"/"$i"|cut -d"|" -f2` +212 # +213 # get the record count as specified... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple shell script to backup

Hello - I am in process of deleting many files which are older than 4 weeks. For example I am inside: /subsystem/prod/ Files are with various extentions, but anything older than 4 weeks should be deleted. What would be the most simplest script to acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create database using Backup file

Hi, I have backup file of database in my server. I want to create a that database in the same Mysql Server. How can I do that? Please send the steps to create the database using backup file? Thanks a lot, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script to create a backup on a remote computer

Hello, I have a problem - I attended a UNIX course a couple of years back but, unfortunately, I don't remember how to write scripts for shell commands. Now I want to make a script that makes a backup of a folder on a remote computer and I have no idea how to begin. :D So the idea is that I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benedit
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create a simple bash backup script of a file

This is the problem: Write a script that will make a backup of a file giving it a ‘.bak’ extension & verify that it works. I have tried a number of different scripts that haven't worked and I haven't seen anything really concise and to the point via google. For brevity's sake this is one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demet8
4 Replies

9. AIX

Error while script execution - 0403-029 there is not enough memory available now

Hi, I am executing a shell script on AIX box where I need to list all the files in the file system and then do some other tasks with them. I am able to do this successfully on HP-UX and Linux boxes but I get the following error after 10-15 seconds when I try to execute the script on an AIX box. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adyan Faruqi
6 Replies
nisbackup(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     nisbackup(1M)

NAME
nisbackup - backup NIS+ directories SYNOPSIS
nisbackup [-v] backup-dir directory... nisbackup [-v] -a backup-dir DESCRIPTION
nisbackup backs up a NIS+ directory object on a NIS+ master server. Updates to the NIS+ database will be temporarily disabled while nis- backup is running. The backup-dir is a UNIX directory that must exist prior to running nisbackup. The nisbackup command can be used to backup an individual NIS+ directory object or all ( -a) of the NIS+ directory objects served by a master server. The NIS+ directory objects being backed up will be placed into subdirectories under the backup-dir directory. These subdirectories are named according to the NIS+ directory object they contain. nisbackup operates on individual NIS+ directory objects (for example, org_dir.wiz.com). This allows an administrator to selectively backup specific directories. The rpc.nisd(1M) process must be running on the master server with a stable NIS+ database for nisbackup to complete. nisbackup will not attempt to correct any corruption in the NIS+ database, so it is important that backups be done regularly as part of the NIS+ administra- tion. The first synopsis is used to backup a single NIS+ directory object or a list of NIS+ directory objects. The objects can be partially qual- ified or fully qualified. The machine on which the command is executing must be the master for the NIS+ directory objects specified. The second synopsis will backup all of the NIS+ directory objects that are served by this master. The -a option is the recommended method of backing up a master server, since it will backup all NIS+ directory objects that are served by this master. If this server is a master server for more than one domain, the backup will include NIS+ directories that belong to all of the domains served. Individual NIS+ direc- tory objects can be selected for restoring from a backup-dir created with the -a option. See nisrestore(1M). The -a option only includes directory objects for which this server is the master. It is possible, but not recommended, to configure a mas- ter server as a replica for other domains. The objects belonging to those replicated domains will not be backed up with the -a option. The backup of replicated objects must be run on the master server for those objects. Do not use the same backup-dir to backup different master servers. Each master server must have its own backup-dir. nisbackup will set the rpc.nisd(1M) to read only mode, which will disable updates to the NIS+ database. This is neccessary to ensure the consistency of the backup. For this reason, nisbackup should not be run while large numbers of updates are being applied to the NIS+ data- base. Update utilities such as nisaddent(1M) should not be run simultaneously with nisbackup. OPTIONS
-a Creates a backup of all NIS+ directory objects for which this server is a master. -v Verbose option. Additional output will be produced and sent to syslog(3C) upon execution of the command (see syslog.conf(4)). OPERANDS
backup-dir The directory into which the subdirectories containing the backed up objects are placed. This must be created prior to run- ning nisbackup. directory The NIS+ directory object(s) being backed up. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Backup of the org_dir NIS+ directory object of the domain foo.com on a master server to a directory named /backup To backup the org_dir NIS+ directory object of the domain foo.com on a master server to a directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup /backup org_dir.foo.com. Example 2 Backup of the entire NIS+ domain foo.com to a directory named /backup To backup the entire NIS+ domain foo.com to a directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup /backup foo.com. org_dir.foo.com. groups_dir.foo.com. ctx_dir.foo.com. Example 3 Backup of an entire NIS+ database to a backup directory named /backup To backup an entire NIS+ database to a backup directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup -a /backup EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/backup-dir/backup_list This ascii file contains a list of all the objects contained in this backup-dir directory. /backup-dir/directory-object A subdirectory that is created in the backup-dir that contains the NIS+ directory-object backup. /backup-dir/directory-object/data A subdirectory that contains the data files that are part of the NIS+ directory-object backup. /backup-dir/directory-object/last.upd This data file contains timestamp information about the directory-object. /backup-dir/directory-object/data.dict A NIS+ data dictionary for all of the objects contained in the NIS+ directory-object backup. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
NIS+(1), nisdefaults(1), nisrm(1), nisrestore(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), syslog(3C), nisfiles(4), syslog.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the Solaris operating system. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the current Solaris release. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.11 12 Dec 2001 nisbackup(1M)