Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Large Data move from Win to AIX Post 302478693 by kah00na on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 04:13:12 PM
Old 12-08-2010
If you want a fast, unsecured transfer, just do it via ftp. Without the encryption overhead, it should go alot faster. Please don't use FTP over a public network though.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move from Win -> Unix

I'd like to become a web applications developer, and the company I currently work for use Sun/Apache and Perl, CGI and Python and Oracle to develop in (which is a little unfortunate for me as I have MS IIS and ASP/VBScript and SQL from my last job). I have an old laptop I'd like to convert from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dawn
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

large file in AIX 4.3

How I can change the caracteristic do filesystem /alzenir of JFS para EJFS(large file)? What is the procedure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alzenir
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Large files

Hi, Im running (on AIX 5.2) a script which moves 16 large files (up to 1 Go each). It uses the 'mv' command and runs during 30 minutes. I would like to improve this by using something else faster. Any ideas ? Thx in advance ! T (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony_soprano
8 Replies

4. AIX

Large file move from one server to another

I Have two AIX 5.3 servers. I want to move a 45GB file from Server B to Server A. Can I achieve this with using Tivoli? Or how could I achieve this, by mounting a directory from server B to server A? Any help apreciated! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
14 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to share win folder in AIX

Hi, Iam unable to share WInXp folder in AIX, i configured samba, its working fine, i am able to access win folder from AIX by using samba but unbale to access AIX folder from Windows. bash-3.00# mount -v cifs -n Win_IP/Win_username/Win_passwd /Win_Folder /AIX-folder Result: There was an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpasha06
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

not large enough to display the application in red hat linux x win desktop

I use red hat linux es 5 I use startx to start the x-win desktop. But when I use vritual manager . The display application is too large so the bottom part for the application cannot show out. I cannot scroll down to get the display of bottm part . So, I do not know what button display at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX and Value too large to be stored in data type.

root@test8:/config1>oslevel -s 5300-01-00-0000 root@test8:/config1>oslevel -r 5300-01 while moving a file sized 9GB i got this message root@test8:/configapp>mv bkp_14JUN16_oraapp_2.tgz /oraapp bkp_14JUN16_oraapp_2.tgz: Value too large to be stored in data type. possibly need APAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)