Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Shell script to add users on solaris Post 302478671 by snchaudhari2 on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 01:50:51 PM
Old 12-08-2010
But any other way for passwds in shell script for solaris.
It will be hectic to use passwd command for all...

Suggest.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add users using Shell Scripting

I am on Fedora 4 and using VI. I need to add users from a text file. ANYONE? plz help me out here. I am already going bald, dont need anymore hair to fall out. Joshua (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neece29
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script help for users

Hello guys, I would appreciate if someone can help me for this task: I have a large txt file that contains lots of user ids in different format. I need to run this against a database output ldif file and print to a file whether they exist or not. And if they exist then I need to print their... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmontr
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script check the users in SHELL ?

could you please find a solution for this script that checks if any of a list of users given on the command line is logged in. For each user the script should say whether this user is logged in or not. The script prints an error message if no parameter is given. And ask the user to enter a name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Validate and Add more users one time

I need a script to validate and add more than one user at one time Field 1 - FirstName LastName Field 2 - userid Field 3 - email address Field 4 - department Validation for Field 1 No... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
3 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

interactive shell script to create users 10.4

Hello everyone, Not sure if this is the right place, but OS X isn't your standard Unix, so I figured here would be best. I am looking at creating a script that will be interactive that admins can run to create users. Now, 10.4 uses netinfo database and netinfo manager to handle it's users. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to drop oracle DB users on HP, LINUX, SOLARIS

Hi everybody, i need help from all of you. I have many users who are no more work in our Company. Some who get objects are Locked. There Many users and many Database Servers. And it'll take long for me to finished this job. That's why i need your help to provide me anyone Scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonson
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to add 10000 users

Hi All i have written the script to add 10000 users, when i execute the script it had no errors ,but the script is not adding the users. pls correct me. i want it using while loop #!bin/sh count=0 while do useradd username$count count=`expr $count + 1` done ~ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for monitoring users activities

hi I need a shell script which runs perpetually in background and monitors different aspects of different users on different files and their usages for example say there r 3 users so i want when they log in i.e. their log in time and their file access, modify and change log of each file of a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script - creating users

echo -e "Enter in a username : \c" read username grep "^$username:" /etc/passwdWhat I'm trying to do is take in a username from my script and I need to be able to check if that username already exists. If it does the script should display a message saying that the user already exists and exit. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addsudoers: A script to add users or groups into /etc/sudoers

Well, sudo is a great tool for delegating permissions among admins. But, it's really hard to find a great tool which would give an interactive way of editing /etc/sudoers file. Now, when I say "editing", I really refer to add new groups, users, aliases in the /etc/sudoers file. visudo is great... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)