Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display the content of the unix file Post 302478655 by vedanjalig on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 12:43:48 PM
Old 12-08-2010
Question Display the content of the unix file

cat is the normal unix command to display the content of a file.
Is there any program to display the content of the file.
If there is, then can you send me the code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cant display korean file on Unix

I got a korean file from AS/400 machine and save it in a AIX Server (using ftp command). The file is converting to CCSID 949 (korean character) and CCSID 13488 (unicode) respectively. It is no problem to view 2 file by using F-Secure SSH Client (command more)from a window Xp (locale : Korean).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahahafung
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep/cat/more -- search in a txt file and display content from a specific "keyword"

Hi, I have a .txt file Sample: ===================== NEXT HOST ===================== AEADBAS001 ip access-list extended BLA_Incoming_Filter ip access-list extended BLA_Outgoing_Filter access-list 1 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx access-list 2 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====================... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display files name and it's content

hello, i have a question and i'll be appreciated if you can help me with this. i have i folder let's say "users" in this folder there are files (file1, file2, file2, etc) and in each file there is a number (lets say 4 in file1) i want to display some thing like bellow file1 4... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dndoon
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

display content between all similar tags pattern

hi, I m stuck at a point for more than 3days. My doubt is pretty simple.. I have a web page content in $content. ( got this by using LWP).. Now I want to display the content matching a pattern. I tried if($content =~ m{<div class="abc">(.*?)</div>}s){ print $1;} that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: therockravi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the content in different lines in email

Hi, I am checking if a file exists or not and based on the result I am sending an email. The email part works fine but the content of the email comes in a single line and I am not able to display it in diferent lines. if ; then echo "Hi, \\n An exception exists in the process.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy mail content in a file in Unix

Hi Guys I want to write a script which search mail with subject line and after that I want the mail content in a file please help guys. Thanks Atul Singh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display specific lines content from the file

Hell, I want to grep certain word from file and display above 2 lines and after two lines. Here is the content of sample file. Mar 14, 2013 12:56:59 AM Agent.Agent SendTo INFO: Connection to server:7041 - Credential Transmit Successesful Mar 14, 2013 8:54:21 AM cgent SendTo WARNING:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to display file name along with content in Solaris

Am using the following grep to match a particular patter in grep. grep xyz abc.txt now while i run this command, if the pattern matched, am getting the line containing xyz Output: xyz is doing some work Now if i want the file name also along with my output, what should i do Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Suggestion, on how to constantly moniter a file and display content with in that time

Dear Gurus, I'm in a strange situation, hence need some kind of advice or possible syntax to carry on. let's say current time/date is 2013-12-18, 15:58:15 I got a file something like this, which keep getting updated with respect to time. 2013-12-18,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Log File Content - Duplication Issue

I have a shell script with 2 run time arguments. During the execution if i got any error, then it needs to redirected to a error file and in console. Also both error and output to be redirected to a log file. Error output is getting copied to err file and getting displayed in console too. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
2 Replies
LWP-DUMP(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       LWP-DUMP(1)

NAME
lwp-dump - See what headers and content is returned for a URL SYNOPSIS
lwp-dump [ options ] URL DESCRIPTION
The lwp-dump program will get the resource indentified by the URL and then dump the response object to STDOUT. This will display the headers returned and the initial part of the content, escaped so that it's safe to display even binary content. The escapes syntax used is the same as for Perl's double quoted strings. If there is no content the string "(no content)" is shown in its place. The following options are recognized: --agent str Override the user agent string passed to the server. --keep-client-headers LWP internally generate various "Client-*" headers that are stripped by lwp-dump in order to show the headers exactly as the server provided them. This option will suppress this. --max-length n How much of the content to show. The default is 512. Set this to 0 for unlimited. If the content is longer then the string is chopped at the limit and the string "... (### more bytes not shown)" appended. --method str Use the given method for the request instead of the default "GET". --parse-head By default lwp-dump will not try to initialize headers by looking at the head section of HTML documents. This option enables this. This corresponds to "parse_head" in LWP::UserAgent. --request Also dump the request sent. SEE ALSO
lwp-request, LWP, "dump" in HTTP::Message perl v5.16.3 2012-01-14 LWP-DUMP(1)