Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to properly install kernel in fedora 10? Post 302478625 by verdepollo on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 11:15:10 AM
Old 12-08-2010
...and it's a lot simpler if you update your kernel through yum.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Compile new kernel in Fedora 5

Hi All, I try to compile new kernel in FC5. New kernel version - 2.6.20.21 Operating System - Fedora 5 I have followed these steps, make menuconfig make make modules make modules_install make install Then i have changed the grub.cong and reboot the system with new kernel. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viveksnv
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daylight saving not working properly with linux-2.6. kernel

The daylight saving action is not working Time zone was set for that Australia(parth) and issued reboot. Now for DST, (Daylight Saving Time): For 29 Oct 2006 (sunday) day, if set time is 1:59:00 than after 1 minute it will become 3:00:00 as per DST . This was found to be happening.i.e DST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subratasaharia
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Daylight saving not working properly with linux-2.6. kernel

The daylight saving action is not working Time zone was set for that Australia(parth) and issued reboot. Now for DST, (Daylight Saving Time): For 29 Oct 2006 (sunday) day, if set time is 1:59:00 than after 1 minute it will become 3:00:00 as per DST . This was found to be happening.i.e DST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subratasaharia
1 Replies

4. Solaris

unrar doesn't seem to install properly

Hi, I downloaded unrar from sun-freeware website (unrar-3.68-sol8-sparc-local.gz). After gunzip, I then did: install -c /usr/local unrar-3.68-sol8-sparc-local I'm not sure if that was right. Am I installing it correctly? Hope you can help as I need to open .rar files immediately. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Kernel can not boot after upgrade on Fedora OS 15.

Hello, everyone. I am using Fedora 15, and want to upgrade to version 16. I follow the official link Upgrading Fedora using yum - FedoraProject to upgrade my OS by the following command: yum update kernel* --releasever=16 yum groupupdate Base --releasever=16 reboot After reboot, OS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to boot after updating to kernel-3.1.4-1 in fedora 16

hi guys, I was using kernel-3.1.2-1 in fedora 16. then updated to kernel-3.1.4-1. after reboot now grub shows command prompt instead of boot menu. i tried to load manually with: set root=(hd0,msdos3) linux /vmlinuz-3.1.4-1.fc16.x86_64 initrd /initramfs-3.1.4-1.fc16.x86_64.imgbut in the middle... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies
yum-builddep(1) 														   yum-builddep(1)

NAME
yum-builddep - install missing dependencies for building an RPM package SYNOPSIS
yum-builddep package DESCRIPTION
yum-builddep is a program which installs the RPMs needed to build the specified package. The source RPM for the specified package must be available in a Yum repository (which will be automatically enabled, if it is disabled) or it can be a local source RPM file. EXAMPLES
Download and install all the RPMs needed to build the kernel RPM: yum-builddep kernel FILES
As yum-builddep uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Panu Matilainen 17 July 2005 yum-builddep(1)