Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Retrieve exchanged packets on a particular port Post 302478616 by nightoy on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 11:02:07 AM
Old 12-08-2010
too heavy for me, I need some linux light commands to use their outputs in a C programm. Finally I think that I do nomore need packets on a particular port, active connections is sufficient for my needs (using netstat with wc and grep command would be easy to do).

Thank you anyway for your answer.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

NAT Packets/Port Openine

Firstly, I have no knowledge of hubs, so please keep any advice simple! I have a UNIX hub, connecting three PCs and would like to know if the hub has NAT translation for incoming packets and if th hub is able to NAT translate packets coming in to a local (internal) LAN address.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartinD
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Help with capturing/reading total packets on specific port number

Hi guys, I'm using a Linux system(Ubuntu) and I've been trying to find a method to read the total packets received/sent on a specific port (e.g port 80 or port 25) on a local machine. I can read the overall total packets received/sent from the /proc/net/dev file system. But what I can't do is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lildee
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy packets from one port to another by iptables

I would like to copy data flow (not redirect!!!) from 1567 port to another 1194 port on same computer. The 1567 Port already binded by Scream program (it is bisy). Is it possible to do it by iptables or for it nesessary another programs? Can you help me in the decision of this question? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanat
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

telnet for port 5433 is not working while it works for port 22

Hi, I am trying to set up a dev environment and I have Ubuntu server (10.16.1.92) and a CentOS VM (10.16.3.235) on this. On the CentOS I have a program running on port 5433. Now my problem is that I am unable to telnet this port from another Windows server whereas I can telnet port 22 from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishav
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

7. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script, find the next closed (not in use) port from some port range.

hi, i would like to create a bash script that check which port in my Linux server are closed (not in use) from a specific range, port range (3000-3010). the print output need to be only 1 port, and it will be nice if the output will be saved as a variable or in same file. my code is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yossi
2 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)