Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PIII video problems.
Special Forums Hardware PIII video problems. Post 302478593 by Corona688 on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 10:17:09 AM
Old 12-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
What is the OS and version? If it is unix/linux then it probably will boot without a video card (assuming that the motherboard/cpu/memory is not damaged.)
When did that change? Having no video used to be a beep-code level error(and still was for anything but motherboards designed to be standalone, as far as I knew).

A computer that doesn't even POST could hardly be expected to boot from floppy.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

problems with my M3 video card and my Tatung Ultra 10 clone

i took this Elite 3D M3 video card out of my Ultra 60 machine which was replaced with an M6. the card was working w/o issue in the Ultra 60. however, i'm getting no video when i power the Tatung machine. yes, the M3 is does work with an AXi motherboard. any ideas what's causing the problem? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Kudda has successfully solved the downloading problems for numerous video web

The rise of Video web stimulates more intuitive video feeling of large people, and makes video downloading becomes a popular trend in web times, meanwhile, more and more downloading problems arises correspondingly, in which the first trouble is slow downloading speed and incomplete downloading. It... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelstar
0 Replies

3. Linux

USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc

does anybody have any experience with any of these composite video to usb devices on linux? usb video capture - Google Product Search would like to get one but a linux newbie and having trouble figuring out if any are ported... i've found lots of things that link to freedesktop.org DisplayLink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies
MKLNIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MKLNIM(1)

NAME
mklnim - make Linux Netinstall Image SYNOPSIS
mklnim outputfile [path-to-cdrom] DESCRIPTION
mklnim is a shell script that takes a SuSE, TurboLinux or a RedHat CDROM, or equivalent disk directory, and creates a network bootable image (NBI) that can be used with Etherboot (http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/) or Netboot (http://www.han.de/~gero/netboot.html). This NBI, when booted via the network, will make the target computer behave just as if a CDROM boot (TurboLinux), or a floppy boot (RedHat and SuSE) had been selected. A conventional install can be done from this point onwards. There are several occasions when this technique is useful: 1. It can be used to quickly boot a target computer when the floppy loading is very slow. 2. In the case of TurboLinux, it loads the CDROM initial ramdisk which does not require any further floppy loading. In the case of RedHat, it only loads the floppy initial ramdisk which does not contain the material in the supplementary floppy, and may require more floppy insertion. 3. It can start the install from a floppy of any size, not just 1.4 MB, or even from a floppyless machine, if one has a boot ROM (providing no further floppy access is required). 4. It could be used as part of an automatic installation process. Naturally, all this assumes that the infrastructure for diskless booting (bootp and tftp servers) has been set up. BUGS
If supplementary floppies are required, this script doesn't include that material in the network boot image. Please feel welcome to fix this problem. SEE ALSO
Etherboot tutorial at http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
mklnim is under the GNU Public License AUTHOR
Ken Yap (ken_yap@users.sourceforge.net) DATE
Version 0.4 April 2000 25 April 2000 MKLNIM(1)