Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Clarification needed for a SED one liner Post 302478485 by kevintse on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 04:39:46 AM
Old 12-08-2010
Oh, after I tested the script, it did not delete new line characters, the file is unchanged.
How to delete new line characters using SED?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a sed one liner variant - sed 's/ ; /|/g' $TMP1 > $TMP

Execution of the following segment is giving the error - Script extract:- OUT=$DATADIR/sol_rsult_orphn.bcp TMP1=${OUT}_tmp1 TMP=${OUT}_tmp ( isql -w 400 $dbConnect_OPR <<EOF select convert(char(10), s.lead_id) +'|' + s.pho_loc_type, ";", s.sol_rsult_cmnt, ";", +'|'+ s.del_ind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed with 1 liner AWK statement

Greetings, I attempting to create a line statement that will do the following: 1. Read the input file 2. Extract lines containing certain keep words 3. Print the lines in a tabular format (CSV) Help is what I have so far: # cat text.tx | egrep -i -e "(Check Name) | (Risk Level) |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

one liner needed

Hi I have a file say (a.txt) which has following a.txt ---- $$var1=Tom $$var2=Kim I need a one liner which searches the file(a.txt) for $$var1 and returns the value in it(Tom). Thanks in advance Ammu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with sed one liner

hey everyone, I want to remove some characters from a string that i have with sed. For example if my string is: a0=bus a1=car a2=truck I want my output to look like this: bus car truck So i want to delete the two characters before the = and including the =. This is what i came up with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GmGeubt
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification required on sed

Hi Can some one tell what does this sed command do sed 's/*$//g I am more curious on the highlighted part , can some one explain what does that mean. Thanks Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed one-liner

I have a data base of part numbers: AAA Thing1 BBB Thing2 CCC Thing3 File one is a list of part numbers: AAA234 BBB678 CCC2345 Is there a sed one-line that would compare a data base with and replace the part numbers so that the output looks like this? AAA234 Thing1 BBB678 Thing2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk or sed one liner

I have a data base of part numbers: AAA Thing1 BBB Thing2 CCC Thing3 File one is a list of part numbers: XXXX AAA234 XXXX BBB678 XXXX CCC2345 Is there a sed one-line that would compare a data base with and replace the part numbers so that the output looks like this? XXXX AAA234... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed one Liner option -e

Hi, I have the following command.(Delete all trailing blank lines at the end of a file.) sed -e :a -e '/^\n*$/{$d;N;ba' -e '}' I don't understand the logic of this command and also I don't understand why -e is used. Can you please let me know the logic of this command and why three -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
5 Replies
CURSES_DELCH(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   CURSES_DELCH(3)

NAME
curses_delch, delch, wdelch -- curses delete characters routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int delch(void); int wdelch(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
These functions delete characters from stdscr or from the specified window. The delch() function deletes the character at the current cursor position on stdscr. Characters to the right of the deleted character are moved one position to the left. The cursor position is unchanged. The wdelch() function is the same as the delch() function, excepting that the character is deleted from the specified window. RETURN VALUES
Functions returning pointers will return NULL if an error is detected. The functions that return an int will return one of the following values: OK The function completed successfully. ERR An error occurred in the function. SEE ALSO
curses_addch(3), curses_insertch(3) STANDARDS
The NetBSD Curses library complies with the X/Open Curses specification, part of the Single Unix Specification. HISTORY
The Curses package appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
August 12, 2002 BSD