Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: my script doesn't work :(
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting my script doesn't work :( Post 302478436 by keiserx on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 02:00:23 AM
Old 12-08-2010
thanks it works perfectly !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line work script doesn't

Hello, I'm stuck and confused as to why when I execute things form the command line it works but when in a script it doesn't. My script: ### creating a lock on the console touch /var/run/console.lock chmod 600 /var/run/console.lock echo "$User" >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script doesn't work in another distribution

Hi everybody: I usually use Mandriva distro (in my laptop), and I have made some scripts. These scripts work correctly but now, in other computer which is installed Ubuntu don't work, and I have this error message: The script is: ..... echo "Your option is:" echo read option case... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

gcd.sh script doesn't work...

Hi there. I'm new to scripting in bash shell and I have this problem. I'm trying to make a script that returns the greatest common divisor of two integer numbers according to Euclid's algorithm... Here is, what I've done: #!/bin/bash m=$1 n=$2 while do if ; #line 8 then m=$m-$n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kantze
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script doesn't work under crontab

Hi All, Using Expect script when I run it manually it works. But when I put the entry in crontab, the job is still running after 15 hours. The script was created as root. I don't think it's a permission issue. Any idea? This is what I have under root crontab... 00 18 * * 1-5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script.. it Just doesn't work

Hello,, Im verry new to scripting and have some problems with this script i made.. What it does: It checks a directory for a new directory and then issues a couple of commands. checks sfv - not doing right now checks rar - it checks if theres a rar file and when there is it skips to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

two grep in one script doesn't work?

Hi there, the following script doesn't work. the first part works, then the second 'grep' fails with ': not found'. However, if I take out the second part (starting with the grep command) and put in a seperate script, it works. everyone know what's wrong here? no two 'grep' in one script, that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkey77
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script doesn't work in loop but does if not

I have a script that only works if I remove it from the looping scenario. #!/bin/bash # Set the field seperator to a newline ##IFS=" ##" # Loop through the file ##for line in `cat nlist.txt`;do # put the line into a variable. ##dbuser=$line echo "copying plugin..." ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugeye
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Script doesn't work..help?

hi, i am trying to run this script.the name of script is final.sh after i run it: #./final.sh & i grep the command # ps -a | grep bash and i see more then one processes runing 3!! Please use code tags how can i solve this problem? my target script must always run in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in script doesn't work

I am trying to run a script to make a simple modification to a number of similar files. The sed works, but after it runs and the differences are displayed, the script does not read ans to start a renaming script if the user answered Y or y.for i in "$@" do sed -f myfile.sed $i >$i.new diff... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
2 Replies
Module::Starter::Smart(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Module::Starter::Smart(3pm)

NAME
Module::Starter::Smart - A Module::Starter plugin for adding new modules into an existing distribution VERSION
version 0.0.4 SYNOPSIS
use Module::Starter qw/Module::Starter::Smart/; Module::Starter->create_distro(%args); # or in ~/.module-starter/config plugin: Module::Starter::Smart # create a new distribution named 'Foo-Bar' $ module-starter --module=Foo::Bar # ... then add a new module $ module-starter --module=Foo::Bar::Me --distro=Foo-Bar DESCRIPTION
Module::Starter::Smart is a simple helper plugin for Module::Starter. It subclasses Module::Starter::Simple and provides its own implementatoin for several file creation subroutines, such as "create_distro", "create_modules", "create_t", and so on. These new implementations were designed to work with existing distributions. When invoked, the plugin checks if the distribution is already created. If so, the plugin would bypass "create_basedir") and go ahead pull in all the existing modules and test files; these information would be used later in the corresponding file creation subroutines for skipping already-created files. UPDATE: This plugin only covers the simplest use cases. For advanced usage, check out Module::Starter::AddModule. Example Say you have an existing distro, Goof-Ball, and you want to add a new module, Goof::Troop. % ls -R Goof-Ball Build.PL Changes MANIFEST README lib/ t/ Goof-Ball/lib: Goof/ Goof-Ball/lib/Goof: Ball.pm Goof-Ball/t: 00.load.t perlcritic.t pod-coverage.t pod.t Go to the directory containing your existing distribution and run module-starter, giving it the names of the existing distribution and the new module: % module-starter --distro=Goof-Ball --module=Goof::Troop Created starter directories and files % ls -R Goof-Ball Build.PL Changes MANIFEST README lib/ t/ Goof-Ball/lib: Goof/ Goof-Ball/lib/Goof: Ball.pm Troop.pm Goof-Ball/t: 00.load.t perlcritic.t pod-coverage.t pod.t Troop.pm has been added to Goof-Ball/lib/Goof. INTERFACE
No public methods. The module works by subclassing Module::Starter::Simple and rewiring its internal behaviors. DEPENDENCIES
Module::Starter::Smart subclasses Module::Starter::Simple. INCOMPATIBILITIES
The plugin works perfectly with other template plugins, i.e. Module::Starter::PBP (I started using it to develop this module) BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-module-starter-smart@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Special thanks to David Messina, who kindly contributes the example. AUTHOR
Ruey-Cheng Chen "<rueycheng@gmail.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2012 Ruey-Cheng Chen "<rueycheng@gmail.com>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENCE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-29 Module::Starter::Smart(3pm)