Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email Post 302478381 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 08:22:15 PM
Old 12-07-2010
If you want to find any directory under a give dir that dosn't have your required permissions something like this should work.

Code:
PERM=753
PARENT=/PATH/to/parent
folders=$(find $PARENT -type d ! -perm $PERM)
if [ -n "$folders" ]
then
    echo "$folders" | mailx -s "folder permissions have changed" your@mailbox.com
fi

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email if new file is added when folder is updated

Hi, I have a script which updates a repository which is run manually. When this happens either no or new files will be added to a specific folder. If there are new files that have been added, an email needs to be sent. How can i check a folder for any new files after the update repos script has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acc01
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send an email to my Drafts folder

Is there a way I can send a text file directly to my Drafts folder? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: idontknow
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to avoid cron job output to send to the junk email folder?

Hi i created a cron job which invoke a shell script and output some content via email. Some times these output are sent to the junk email folder. i want these mails to be sent to inbox with some specific font. what i have to do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create folder, copy file, and send email on success

I am very new to UNIX as well as scripting so please be gentle, haha. I have a Linux client which has a mount point mapped to my /etc folder on a NetApp FAS system. I woudl like to be able to copy the hosts and rc files once a week from the FAS to a different location for backup. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: minnino
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query output convert to HTML & send as email body

Hi , I have a sql query in the unix script ,whose output is shown below.I want to convert this output to HTML table format & send email from unix with this table as email body. p_id src_system amount 1 A 100 2 B 200 3 C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies
NEW(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)