Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vi set options
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Vi set options Post 302478364 by cokedude on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 07:01:18 PM
Old 12-07-2010
Vi set options

Does know where I can find what ALL of the set options do in vi? I can't find it anywhere in vi's man pages or help files. I know about :set all but a lot of the options I have no clue what they do.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

large file options is set

Can someone tell me the right or exact syntax to check if the large file options is set on a filesystem Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -options not working inside for loop?

I'm a beginner in shell scripting (I'm using ksh). I'm manipulating some files and I'm using set -A to transform each read line into a numeric array. However, inside the 'for' loop the options of set (ie '-A') are not recognized (the vi editor doesn't highlight it and it doesn't work). Where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasumlolla
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies

7. HP-UX

Set, setenv or export? Confused between three options

Hi Experts, Need your help in understanding the commands to setup the environment variables in hp-ux. Beleive need to use either set,setenv or export. I am confused between above three options, when to use which option? On command line, I have tried both set and setenv but couldn't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: userexperience
7 Replies
DWWW-FIND(8)							      Debian							      DWWW-FIND(8)

NAME
dwww-find - find documentation related to a search argument SYNOPSIS
dwww-find [--program|--menu|--documentation|--docfile|--doc-base-list] [--skip=number] argument [...] DESCRIPTION
dwww-find is part of the dwww package, which provides access to on-line documentation on a Debian system via WWW. dwww-find searches for a documentation related to a given program, for entries from Debian Documentation Menu, or at least for documents registered with doc-base. It returns a HTML-formatted document with search results. OPTIONS
--program Search for documentation (man pages, info files, etc.) related to program specified by argument. --menu Search for entries in Debian Documentation Menu pages generated by dwww-build-menu(8). --documentation Search in documentation files registered with doc-base. It uses search++(1) for searching. --docfile Search for documentation for package, which contains the file specified by the argument. The file must be located in or below a directory that has been allowed by the system administrator; see dwww(7) for more info. --doc-base-list Show list of registerered doc-base files for given argument, which should be specified as format/document-id, where document-id is an identificator of registered doc-base document, and format is a name of format (e.g. text or pdf) registered by the document, for which the list list is to be generated. --skip=number Works only with --documentation. Skip number of search results. When no options are specified, --program is assumed. FILES
/etc/dwww/dwww.conf Configuration file for dwww. SEE ALSO
dwww(7), dwww-quickfind(8), dwww-build-menu(8), dwww-index++(8), search++(1), Debian doc-base Manual in /usr/share/doc/doc-base/doc-base.html/index.html. AUTHORS
Lars Wirzenius. Robert Luberda. See dwww(7) for copyrights and stuff. dwww 1.11.4 January 15th, 2011 DWWW-FIND(8)