Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Decimal Addition using bc Post 302478344 by vb615 on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 05:41:00 PM
Old 12-07-2010
i figured the heading wouldn't affect the read in unless im mistaken but i could easily remove that. And the spaces could be taken out using sed '/^$/d' file.txt
so im still having trouble with reading from the file and using bc. I keep getting parse error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort decimal values in bash

Hi, I have a list of values from associative array from 0,..till 1.0000. I tried various sort options; sort -g, sort -nr but it still couldnt work. In other words, the numbers are not sorted accordingly. Please help. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

having a bash script convert ft to meters with 1 decimal

What is the correct syntax to limit the number of decimals to 1 or 0 in a bash script? Here is the partial code I have which works, but if I echo $meters, it has 4 or 5 decimals: METERS=`echo "$FEET * 0.3048" | bc` I read about scale and length in the bc man page, but I can't seem to get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash]printf octal instead of decimal

Hello everybody, I would like to understand why the printf function is returning me an octal value with this command : printf %4.4d 0010 returns 0008 printf %4.4d 10 returns 0010 Thanks for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolphin06
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

incremental addition of hex decimal number in one field

Hi I want to incremental add hex decimal number to a particula field in file eg: addr =123 dept1=0 addr = 345 dept2 =1 addr2 = 124 dept3 =2 . . . . . . addr3 =567 dept15 =f Is there any command which add... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: diddi_linux
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

addition of decimal no

a=10.00 pattern=-11.00 b=`echo "$a $pattern" | awk ' printf("%d\n", $1 + $2)'` echo $b not working, also trined bc ,dc but thats not on my m/c. also expr not supporting. any clue? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bin bash decimal compare

I need decimal comparing with if. Check if apache version is less than 2.2.17. I tried this and not working. #!/bin/bash apachever=`/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -v | head -1 | awk '{print $3}' |cut -d/ -f 2` if ]; then echo "Apache version less than 2.2.17" else ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition to Bash shell script that emails final output as attachement?

Greetings. I have a nice bash shell script that runs a multi-step analysis well. I already have the SGE options set up to email me the progress of the run (started, completed, aborted), but a final step would be to code the shell script to email the final output (a .txt file) to the same email... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Rounding to 2 decimal places

I have a number in a bash variable n, and want to round it to 2 decimal places. How can I do that? n=0.0867268 Need to have num=0.09 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare decimal values in bash?

Hi, I am facing some error while doing the comparision between 2 decimal values in bash. Pl help me out. I have tried using below scripts. But its giving me error. 1)amt=12.3 opn_amt=12.5 var=$(awk 'BEGIN{ print "'$amt'"<"'$opn_amt'" }') if ;then echo "correct" else echo "Wrong"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siba Tripathy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Read a file with decimal numbers in bash

Hello, I have the following script while read id fraction do sambamba -h -f bam -t 10 --subsampling-seed=50 -s $frac ${id}.bam -o ${id}.out.bam done < fraction.txt where fraction.txt has two columns (id,fraction) and 50 rows I am unable to run this as bash is not able to read the second... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
2 Replies
Int64(3o)							   OCaml library							 Int64(3o)

NAME
Int64 - 64-bit integers. Module Module Int64 Documentation Module Int64 : sig end 64-bit integers. This module provides operations on the type int64 of signed 64-bit integers. Unlike the built-in int type, the type int64 is guaranteed to be exactly 64-bit wide on all platforms. All arithmetic operations over int64 are taken modulo 2^{64 Performance notice: values of type int64 occupy more memory space than values of type int , and arithmetic operations on int64 are gener- ally slower than those on int . Use int64 only when the application requires exact 64-bit arithmetic. val zero : int64 The 64-bit integer 0. val one : int64 The 64-bit integer 1. val minus_one : int64 The 64-bit integer -1. val neg : int64 -> int64 Unary negation. val add : int64 -> int64 -> int64 Addition. val sub : int64 -> int64 -> int64 Subtraction. val mul : int64 -> int64 -> int64 Multiplication. val div : int64 -> int64 -> int64 Integer division. Raise Division_by_zero if the second argument is zero. This division rounds the real quotient of its arguments towards zero, as specified for Pervasives.(/) . val rem : int64 -> int64 -> int64 Integer remainder. If y is not zero, the result of Int64.rem x y satisfies the following property: x = Int64.add (Int64.mul (Int64.div x y) y) (Int64.rem x y) . If y = 0 , Int64.rem x y raises Division_by_zero . val succ : int64 -> int64 Successor. Int64.succ x is Int64.add x Int64.one . val pred : int64 -> int64 Predecessor. Int64.pred x is Int64.sub x Int64.one . val abs : int64 -> int64 Return the absolute value of its argument. val max_int : int64 The greatest representable 64-bit integer, 2^{63 - 1. val min_int : int64 The smallest representable 64-bit integer, -2^{63. val logand : int64 -> int64 -> int64 Bitwise logical and. val logor : int64 -> int64 -> int64 Bitwise logical or. val logxor : int64 -> int64 -> int64 Bitwise logical exclusive or. val lognot : int64 -> int64 Bitwise logical negation val shift_left : int64 -> int -> int64 Int64.shift_left x y shifts x to the left by y bits. The result is unspecified if y < 0 or y >= 64 . val shift_right : int64 -> int -> int64 Int64.shift_right x y shifts x to the right by y bits. This is an arithmetic shift: the sign bit of x is replicated and inserted in the vacated bits. The result is unspecified if y < 0 or y >= 64 . val shift_right_logical : int64 -> int -> int64 Int64.shift_right_logical x y shifts x to the right by y bits. This is a logical shift: zeroes are inserted in the vacated bits regardless of the sign of x . The result is unspecified if y < 0 or y >= 64 . val of_int : int -> int64 Convert the given integer (type int ) to a 64-bit integer (type int64 ). val to_int : int64 -> int Convert the given 64-bit integer (type int64 ) to an integer (type int ). On 64-bit platforms, the 64-bit integer is taken modulo 2^{63, i.e. the high-order bit is lost during the conversion. On 32-bit platforms, the 64-bit integer is taken modulo 2^{31, i.e. the top 33 bits are lost during the conversion. val of_float : float -> int64 Convert the given floating-point number to a 64-bit integer, discarding the fractional part (truncate towards 0). The result of the con- version is undefined if, after truncation, the number is outside the range [ Int64.min_int , Int64.max_int ]. val to_float : int64 -> float Convert the given 64-bit integer to a floating-point number. val of_int32 : int32 -> int64 Convert the given 32-bit integer (type int32 ) to a 64-bit integer (type int64 ). val to_int32 : int64 -> int32 Convert the given 64-bit integer (type int64 ) to a 32-bit integer (type int32 ). The 64-bit integer is taken modulo 2^{32, i.e. the top 32 bits are lost during the conversion. val of_nativeint : nativeint -> int64 Convert the given native integer (type nativeint ) to a 64-bit integer (type int64 ). val to_nativeint : int64 -> nativeint Convert the given 64-bit integer (type int64 ) to a native integer. On 32-bit platforms, the 64-bit integer is taken modulo 2^{32. On 64-bit platforms, the conversion is exact. val of_string : string -> int64 Convert the given string to a 64-bit integer. The string is read in decimal (by default) or in hexadecimal, octal or binary if the string begins with 0x , 0o or 0b respectively. Raise Failure int_of_string if the given string is not a valid representation of an integer, or if the integer represented exceeds the range of integers representable in type int64 . val to_string : int64 -> string Return the string representation of its argument, in decimal. val bits_of_float : float -> int64 Return the internal representation of the given float according to the IEEE 754 floating-point ``double format'' bit layout. Bit 63 of the result represents the sign of the float; bits 62 to 52 represent the (biased) exponent; bits 51 to 0 represent the mantissa. val float_of_bits : int64 -> float Return the floating-point number whose internal representation, according to the IEEE 754 floating-point ``double format'' bit layout, is the given int64 . type t = int64 An alias for the type of 64-bit integers. val compare : t -> t -> int The comparison function for 64-bit integers, with the same specification as Pervasives.compare . Along with the type t , this function compare allows the module Int64 to be passed as argument to the functors Set.Make and Map.Make . OCamldoc 2012-06-26 Int64(3o)