Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix File - Adding columns in the middle Post 302478271 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 01:17:21 PM
Old 12-07-2010
put
Code:
key, value
key1,10
key2,20
key3,30

in a file called "in3" and give a try with what i suggest in post #2 and see if the generated output fits your needs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding columns to a file

I want to select the first column from a daily file called foo.csv. The result is written to file foo.txt. Currently the following script is used for that: cut -d, -f 1 foo.csv > foo.txt A typical result would yield : A12 A45 B11 B67 What needs to happen in addition is that two columns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help for Adding Three new columns in existing file from fatching data from file

not required this time (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
36 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding lines and columns to a file

Hi everybody, I've got two simples file1 like: aaa aaa aaa bbb bbb bbb ccc ccc ccc and file2 like: 111 111 111 222 222 222 333 333 333 I need to: 1) add a line say "new line" as the first line of the file 2)add a column from file2 (say column3) to file1; the new column should... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Text To Middle Of File

Hi I am trying to write a bash script to add a line of text to the middle of a file. The way I worked it out was to calculate the number of lines and divide by 2. The file I am using is called newfile and it just contains lines of data. The new file I have created I have called midfile and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BundBash
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions for adding columns to text file

Good afternoon to everyone, I have some input and output from various widgets that I am trying to get to play nicely together. Basically I would like to stay out of excel and be able to automate the entire process. I have read some posts here about how to use awk, nawk, etc, to do similar... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a new column in a file with other existing columns

Hi All , Kindly help me with this soln awk '{printf "%s %7s \n", $1,$c}' infile where value of variable c I am externally giving input But executing the above command shows all the columns of infile where as I want only 1st column of infile and 2nd column should print value c (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trim and pad a field in the middle of unix file

Hello, I have a file with several lines and I need to trim and pad with spaces the data that are between position 6 and 15 included. Data in position 1 to 5 and after 15 could be anything, and should stay as they are. For instance, the following records in a file (underscore = space)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSF
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl - adding columns to file

I have a file in which I need to add more columns to based on a key in the first file: File1 key1,abc,123, key2,def,456, key3,ghi,789, File2 key2,zyx,111,qqq, key3,yuu,222,www, key1,pui,333,eee, key4,xxx,999,rrr, I would like to create the following output: Output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing all the values in the middle of two columns

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file with three columns: Input: 1 25734 25737 1 32719 32724 1 59339 59342 1 59512 59513 1 621740 621745 For each row of the text file I want to print out all the values between the second and third columns, including them. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new column in the middle

Hi , I need to add few new columns in existing file .Any help would be great ex: existing file name,typ,add,dept New file(com1,sal are new) name,com1,type,sal,add,dept Thanks, mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies
Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey(3)

NAME
Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey - a private key loaded in memory for DKIM signing SYNOPSIS
my $key1 = Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey->load( File => "/path/to/private.key"); my $key2 = Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey->load( Data => $base64); # use the loaded key in a DKIM signing object my $dkim = Mail::DKIM::Signer->new( Key => $key2, ); CONSTRUCTOR
load() - loads a private key into memory my $key1 = Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey->load( File => "/path/to/private.key"); Loads the Base64-encoded key from the specified file. my $key2 = Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey->load(Data => $base64); Loads the Base64-encoded key from a string already in memory. my $key3 = Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey->load(Cork => $openssl_object); Creates a Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey wrapper object for the given OpenSSL key object. The key object should be of type Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA. METHODS
cork() - access the underlying OpenSSL key object $openssl_object = $key->cork; The returned object is of type Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA. sign_digest() Cryptographically sign the given message digest. $key->sign_digest("SHA-1", sha1("my message text")); The first parameter is the name of the digest: one of "SHA-1", "SHA-256". The second parameter is the message digest as a binary string. The result should be the signed digest as a binary string. AUTHOR
Jason Long, <jlong@messiah.edu> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 by Messiah College This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.6 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.16.3 2010-11-14 Mail::DKIM::PrivateKey(3)