Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix File - Adding columns in the middle Post 302478258 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 12:43:56 PM
Old 12-07-2010
Where the 2 new adding columns come from ?

assuming they are in a file called in3 maybe something like

Code:
cut -d"," -f1 input >in1.tmp
cut -d"," -f2- input >in2.tmp
paste -d"," - - - in1.tmp in3 in2.tmp >output
rm in?.tmp

... lazy way ... waiting for Scrutinizer to shoot an awk 1 liner Smilie

Last edited by ctsgnb; 12-07-2010 at 02:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding columns to a file

I want to select the first column from a daily file called foo.csv. The result is written to file foo.txt. Currently the following script is used for that: cut -d, -f 1 foo.csv > foo.txt A typical result would yield : A12 A45 B11 B67 What needs to happen in addition is that two columns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help for Adding Three new columns in existing file from fatching data from file

not required this time (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
36 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding lines and columns to a file

Hi everybody, I've got two simples file1 like: aaa aaa aaa bbb bbb bbb ccc ccc ccc and file2 like: 111 111 111 222 222 222 333 333 333 I need to: 1) add a line say "new line" as the first line of the file 2)add a column from file2 (say column3) to file1; the new column should... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Text To Middle Of File

Hi I am trying to write a bash script to add a line of text to the middle of a file. The way I worked it out was to calculate the number of lines and divide by 2. The file I am using is called newfile and it just contains lines of data. The new file I have created I have called midfile and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BundBash
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions for adding columns to text file

Good afternoon to everyone, I have some input and output from various widgets that I am trying to get to play nicely together. Basically I would like to stay out of excel and be able to automate the entire process. I have read some posts here about how to use awk, nawk, etc, to do similar... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a new column in a file with other existing columns

Hi All , Kindly help me with this soln awk '{printf "%s %7s \n", $1,$c}' infile where value of variable c I am externally giving input But executing the above command shows all the columns of infile where as I want only 1st column of infile and 2nd column should print value c (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trim and pad a field in the middle of unix file

Hello, I have a file with several lines and I need to trim and pad with spaces the data that are between position 6 and 15 included. Data in position 1 to 5 and after 15 could be anything, and should stay as they are. For instance, the following records in a file (underscore = space)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSF
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl - adding columns to file

I have a file in which I need to add more columns to based on a key in the first file: File1 key1,abc,123, key2,def,456, key3,ghi,789, File2 key2,zyx,111,qqq, key3,yuu,222,www, key1,pui,333,eee, key4,xxx,999,rrr, I would like to create the following output: Output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing all the values in the middle of two columns

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file with three columns: Input: 1 25734 25737 1 32719 32724 1 59339 59342 1 59512 59513 1 621740 621745 For each row of the text file I want to print out all the values between the second and third columns, including them. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new column in the middle

Hi , I need to add few new columns in existing file .Any help would be great ex: existing file name,typ,add,dept New file(com1,sal are new) name,com1,type,sal,add,dept Thanks, mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies
MIXER(1)						  The Canonical Csound Reference						  MIXER(1)

NAME
mixer - Mixes together a number of soundfiles. . DESCRIPTION
Mixes together a number of soundfiles, starting at different times and with individual channel selection from the input files. SYNTAX
mixer [OPTIONS ... ] infile [[OPTIONS... ] infile] ... INITIALIZATION
Flags: o -A = Generate an AIFF output file. o -W = Generate an WAV output file. o -h = Generate an output file with no header. o -c = Generate 8-bit signed_char sound samples. o -a = Generate alaw sound samples. o -u = Generate ulaw sound samples. o -s = Generate short integer sound samples. o -l = Generate long (32 bit) integer sound samples. o -f = Generate floating point samples. o -F arg = Specifies the gain to be applied to the following input file. If arg is a floating point number that gain is applied uniformly to the input. Alternatively it could be a file name which specifies a breakpoint file for varying the gain for different periods. o -S integer = Indicate at which sample to start to mix in the next input file. o -T fpnum = Indicate at which time (in seconds) to start to mix in the next input file. o -1 = Mix in channel 1 from next sound file. o -2 = Mix in channel 2 from next sound file. o -3 = Mix in channel 3 from next sound file. o -4 = Mix in channel 4 from next sound file. o -^ intx inty = Mix in channel x from next sound file as channel y in the output. o -v = Verbose mode. o -R = Continually rewrite the header while writing soundfile (WAV/AIFF). o -H integer = Show a "heart-beat" to indicate progress, in style 1, 2 or 3. o -N = Alert call (usually ringing the bell) when finished. o -o fname = output file name (default: test.wav) EXAMPLES
The default values are mixer -s -otest -F 1.0 -S 0 For example mixer -F 0.96 in1.wav -S 300 -2 in2.aiff -S 300 -^4 1 in3.wav -o out.wav This creates a new sound file with a constant gain of 0.96 from in1.wav with the second channel of in2.aiff mixed in after 300 samples and channel 4 of in3.wav outpout as channel 1 after 300 samples. CREDITS
Author: John ffitch 1994 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.10 08/01/2011 MIXER(1)