Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple issue, what is wrong?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple issue, what is wrong? Post 302478200 by jeffs42885 on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 10:35:08 AM
Old 12-07-2010
Thank you all for the help. Turns out, I had a bunch of carriage returns in my code which were causing issues.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong with this simple script?

The script below is supposed to list file and folder names and list the type besides each - It has no practical value - I am just trying to learn KSH (so far sounds like a bad idea!) Expected output should look like this: folder 1 *** dir *** file1 * file * The code runs but produces... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this simple statement?

I know that this is a ridiculously simple statement, but I am getting an error when I execute it, and I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? #!/bin/ksh integer dateMonth=0 integer intZero=0 if then dateMonth = 1 fi echo $dateMonth (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

simple issue..

I have a program. Everytime that I run that program ,it prints a disclaimer msg and prompts the user to accept the agreement (i.e: type 'y' or 'n'). Now I want to run the program multiple times with different inputs. So I wrote a script which runs in a loop and calls the program multiple times.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script issue. What am I doing wrong?

#!/usr/local/bin/perl open (MYFILE, 'logs_report'); while (<MYFILE>) { $rec=$_; chomp ($rec); @arr=split(/ /,$rec); print $rec,"\n" if ($arr!~/OK/); open (MYF, '>data.txt'); print $rec,"\n" if ($arr!~/OK/); close (MYF); (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date issue

Hi all, i have used the search already before someone shouts at me and i have seen the 'datecalc' program but this is not working correctly for me in the shell and environment i am using. I am using solaris 10 and bourne shell. I have two dates '07-04-2009' and '05-05-2009'. I just need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong with this simple program in APUE?

I start wetting my toes in Linux programming. I tried the first program myls.c in Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment. #include <sys/types.h> #include <dirent.h> #include "apue.h" int main(int argc, char *argv) { DIR *dp; struct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Cut issue

I have a long string that looks something like this.... <string>http://abc.com/40/20/zzz061-3472/dP3rXLpPPV2KC846nJ4VXpH7jt4b3LJgkL/tarfile_date.tar</string> I need to but the tar file name. So I need to put between "/" and ".tar</string>". My desired result should be "tarfile_date". (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple SED issue

Hi! I'm a newbie and can't find the exact sed to make this work. I've installed CentOS and am trying to pass variables to a network-config file. variables: $ipAddress $netmask $gateway file: DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.IP=192.168.1.10 DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.Netmask=255.255.255.0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greipr
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have no idea what is wrong with my simple script.

I am doing a simple "recycle bin" script. It is to check and see if the directory .TRASH exists within the home directory. If not then it makes the directory then appends a date and time to file and then finally moves the file in. However, when I run this script, it is not making the directory as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamdeman
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong test interpretation for simple function.

Hello everyone, I have written simple script below to check if ip is added to interface #!/usr/local/bin/bash IFCONFIG="/sbin/ifconfig" SERVICE="/usr/sbin/service" IP="79.137.X.X" GREP=$(${IFCONFIG} | grep ${IP}) ip_quantity_check () { echo ${GREP} | wc -l } if ];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryn1u
2 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  CGI::Pretty(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newlines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CGI::Pretty(3pm)