Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Echo date variable from data input to a script Post 302478173 by iga3725 on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 09:58:32 AM
Old 12-07-2010
Hi,

Not sure on how to use cal command...:-(

---------- Post updated at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:49 AM ----------

As far as I know cal only display data.. what I want is:

- 1st you select the year.
- late you select the month, and here comes the problem
- I need to print only the days regarding the selected month.

Understand? This script is interactive.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find files on a given input date

Hello gurus, I need to write a script to find out all the file that got changed on a specific folder since a given input date (Date to be given as Input) Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ar.karan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Creation of Script to Input Separators in Data

Hi all, I have one problem that is preparing datas so I can run a script to extrat informations for my statistic reports. I receive some datas, that are informations mixed and I need to separate them to analyse. This is an exemple of datas:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexis Duarte
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem piping input to script with echo

I am trying to have a script run without interaction from the command line. So in my script i have a line like this echo -e "\n\n\ny\ny\n" | ./script the goal being the ability to mimic 3 Enter presses and 2 'y/n' responses with 'y' followed by enter. For some reason tho, it is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcdef
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to take input from file, match on it in file 2 and input data

All, I am trying to figure out a script to run in windows that will allow me to match on First column in file1 to 8th Column in File2 then Insert file1 column2 to file2 column4 then create a new file. File1: 12345 Sam 12346 Bob 12347 Bill File2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkoth
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script asks to input data

Hi, I have three different files about a warehouse's stock status. Each file shows storage locations, stored product names, quantity of the part and at last column, its price. When there is a change in price, I open those files one by one, search related product name at each row and change... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input date on script

How can I allow users to change the date and time in a script? Say the user1 wil login and he will be inputting the desired date (example format below). I will need this script so the user can login and change the date anytime during the day. I will not allow him to use any command except the date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to get previous date for the given input date..

hi all, need a script or command to get the previous date for the given input date... like in my script i will pass date as input parameter like 2014-12-01 and i want the output as previous date.. ie.. 2014-11-30 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX shells script to echo out the date value

I appreciate if someone answer this question for my learning purpose: Given a filename structure of a COUNTRY CODE, file type, date (YYYYMMDD) and two digit attempt number with an extension of ".dat", write a UNIX shells script to echo out the date value. Example: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shumail
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable input to awk script

Hi guys, I wrote the following function to compare two csv files column by column. However, sometimes the input needs to be sorted before parsing it to awk. I can do this by changing the awk arguments, but I would like to make this variable if possible. The below doesn't work since the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enhance existing script: Extract Multiple variables & Input in an echo string

Hi Experts I need your help to optimize my script to execute better as I have nearly 1M records & the script is taking close to 40 minutes to execute, so would need support on a faster alternative. Input: file {"house":"1024","zip":"2345","city":"asd","country":"zzv"}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nk1984
2 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of Easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-3hjy] [-A number] [-B number] [[month] year] cal [-3hj] [-A number] [-B number] -m month [year] ncal [-3hjJpwy] [-A number] [-B number] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-3hJeo] [-A number] [-B number] [year] ncal [-CN] [-H yyyy-mm-dd] [-d yyyy-mm] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of Easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -h Turns off highlighting of today. -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of Easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of Easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. If month is specified as a decimal number, it may be followed by the letter 'f' or 'p' to indicate the following or preceding month of that number, respectively. -o Display date of Orthodox Easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. -3 Display the previous, current and next month surrounding today. -A number Display the number of months after the current month. -B number Display the number of months before the current month. -C Switch to cal mode. -N Switch to ncal mode. -d yyyy-mm Use yyyy-mm as the current date (for debugging of date selection). -H yyyy-mm-dd Use yyyy-mm-dd as the current date (for debugging of highlighting). A single parameter specifies the year (1-9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calendar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as speci- fied by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calen- dar for the month of August in the current year). Not all options can be used together. For example ``-3 -A 2 -B 3 -y -m 7'' would mean: show me the three months around the seventh month, three before that, two after that and the whole year. ncal will warn about these combinations. A year starts on January 1. Highlighting of dates is disabled if stdout is not a tty. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian-Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. Not all options are compatible and using them in different orders will give varying results. BSD
March 14, 2009 BSD