Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Echo date variable from data input to a script Post 302478171 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 09:44:16 AM
Old 12-07-2010
use the cal command !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find files on a given input date

Hello gurus, I need to write a script to find out all the file that got changed on a specific folder since a given input date (Date to be given as Input) Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ar.karan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Creation of Script to Input Separators in Data

Hi all, I have one problem that is preparing datas so I can run a script to extrat informations for my statistic reports. I receive some datas, that are informations mixed and I need to separate them to analyse. This is an exemple of datas:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexis Duarte
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem piping input to script with echo

I am trying to have a script run without interaction from the command line. So in my script i have a line like this echo -e "\n\n\ny\ny\n" | ./script the goal being the ability to mimic 3 Enter presses and 2 'y/n' responses with 'y' followed by enter. For some reason tho, it is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcdef
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to take input from file, match on it in file 2 and input data

All, I am trying to figure out a script to run in windows that will allow me to match on First column in file1 to 8th Column in File2 then Insert file1 column2 to file2 column4 then create a new file. File1: 12345 Sam 12346 Bob 12347 Bill File2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkoth
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script asks to input data

Hi, I have three different files about a warehouse's stock status. Each file shows storage locations, stored product names, quantity of the part and at last column, its price. When there is a change in price, I open those files one by one, search related product name at each row and change... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input date on script

How can I allow users to change the date and time in a script? Say the user1 wil login and he will be inputting the desired date (example format below). I will need this script so the user can login and change the date anytime during the day. I will not allow him to use any command except the date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to get previous date for the given input date..

hi all, need a script or command to get the previous date for the given input date... like in my script i will pass date as input parameter like 2014-12-01 and i want the output as previous date.. ie.. 2014-11-30 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX shells script to echo out the date value

I appreciate if someone answer this question for my learning purpose: Given a filename structure of a COUNTRY CODE, file type, date (YYYYMMDD) and two digit attempt number with an extension of ".dat", write a UNIX shells script to echo out the date value. Example: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shumail
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable input to awk script

Hi guys, I wrote the following function to compare two csv files column by column. However, sometimes the input needs to be sorted before parsing it to awk. I can do this by changing the awk arguments, but I would like to make this variable if possible. The below doesn't work since the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enhance existing script: Extract Multiple variables & Input in an echo string

Hi Experts I need your help to optimize my script to execute better as I have nearly 1M records & the script is taking close to 40 minutes to execute, so would need support on a faster alternative. Input: file {"house":"1024","zip":"2345","city":"asd","country":"zzv"}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nk1984
2 Replies
widget_calendar(n)					    widget::calendar Megawidget 					widget_calendar(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
widget_calendar - widget::calendar Megawidget SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require Tk 8.4 package require widget ?3.0? widget::calendar pathname ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a calendar megawidget (snidget). widget::calendar pathname ?options? WIDGET OPTIONS
-command A script to evaluate when a date was selected. -dateformat The format of the date that is returned. Default: %m/%d/%Y. -firstday Set first day the week, Either sunday or monday. It defaults to monday. -font Select the font used in the widget. It defaults to Helvetica 9. -highlightcolor Selects the background color for the day that has been selected. Default: #FFCC00 -language Specify language of the calendar contents. The language is specified by abbreviations of the languge, for example: en - english, de - german ... It defaults to en. Supported languages: en, de, fr, it, es, pt, ru, sv, zh, fi -shadecolor Selects the color of the parts that have a shaded background. Default: #888888 -showpast Specify if the past shall be shown. It is a boolean value and defaults to 1. -textvariable Specifies the name of a variable whose value is linked to the entry widget's contents. Whenever the variable changes value, the widget's contents are updated, and vice versa. WIDGET COMMAND
pathname get ?what? Returns a part of the selected date or 'all'. The argument what selects the part. Valid values for what are: day, month, year and all. 'all' is the default and returns the complete date in the format given with -dateformat. DEFAULT BINDINGS
On creation of the calendar widget the following bindings are installed. o Up - Move to week before current date o Down - Move to week after current date o Left - Move to day before current date o Right - Move to day after current date o Control-Left - Move to month before current date o Control-Right - Move to month after current date o Control-Up - Move to year before current date o Control-Down - Move to year after current date EXAMPLE
package require widget::calendar ; # or widget::all set t [widget::calendar .t] pack $t -fill x -expand 1 KEYWORDS
megawidget, snit, widget widget 0.93 widget_calendar(n)