Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting read file line by line print column wise Post 302478106 by anurag.singh on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 07:02:15 AM
Old 12-07-2010
Code:

awk -F ';' '{print $5}' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read a line from a csv file and convert a column to all caps

Hello experts, I am trying to read a line from a csv file that contains '.doc' and print the second column in all caps. e.g. My csv file contains: Test.doc|This is a Test|test1|tes,t2|test-3 Test2.pdf|This is a Second Test| test1|tes,t2|t-est3 while read line do echo "$line" |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a line in File 1 with Column in File 2 and print whole line in file 2 when matched

Hi Experts, I am very new to scripting and have a prb since few days and it is urgent to solve so much appreciated if u help me. i have 2 files file1.txt 9647810043118 9647810043126 9647810043155 9647810043161 9647810043166 9647810043185 9647810043200 9647810043203 9647810043250... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustafa.abdulsa
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read particular line in file from specific column?

Hi...friends.... I want to create inventory...information for that I need to read some specific row say 2nd row from 1st 3 column and and write data with particular file used, I have some more column also but I need only 3 column data of first entry after header I attached sample file..those... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : Want to print columns of different input files in line wise

Hi, I want to print last column of 3 input files with awk. cat file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt file1.txt 1 ad 200 2 ss 300 file2.txt 1 mm 444 2 ee 555 file3.txt 1 kk 999 2 jj 555 My o/p should be :- 1 200 444 999 2 300 555 555 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

6. Programming

Read text from file and print each character in separate line

performing this code to read from file and print each character in separate line works well with ASCII encoded text void preprocess_file (FILE *fp) { int cc; for (;;) { cc = getc (fp); if (cc == EOF) break; printf ("%c\n", cc); } } int main(int... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khaled79
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file needs to match a column and print the entire line

I have a file with class c IP addresses that I need to match to a column and print the matching lines of another file. I started playing with grep -if file01.out file02.out but I am stuck as to how to match it to a column and print the matching lines; cat file01.out 10.150.140... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print next line beside preceding line on column match

Hi, I have some data like below: John 254 Chris 254 Matt 123 Abe 123 Raj 487 Moh 487 How can i print it using awk to have: 254 John,Chris 123 Matt,Abe 487 Raj,Moh Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2009
4 Replies
BESTUPS(8)							    NUT Manual								BESTUPS(8)

NAME
bestups - Driver for Best Power / SOLA (Phoenixtec protocol) UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the bestups driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
bestups was designed to monitor Best Power UPS hardware like the Fortress, Fortress Telecom, Axxium Rackmount and Patriot Pro. It also recognizes and supports SOLA units such as the 325, 520 and 620. In addition, the Best 610 is supported using the 'ID' option. Other UPS hardware using the Phoenixtec protocol should also work, but they will generate a warning since their battery information is not known. This driver does not support some older Best/SOLA units. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following optional settings in the ups.conf(5): nombattvolt=num Override the battery float voltage which is normally determined by asking the hardware. This is useful if your UPS constantly reports battery.charge values just below 100% even when it's completely charged. If you have this problem, set this to whatever battery.voltage reports when the UPS is known to be completely charged with a good battery. The author's Best Fortress 750 uses nombattvolt=27.4. battvoltmult=num Multiply the reported battery voltage by this number. Some devices report only a fraction of the total battery voltage. For example, the SOLA 610 700VA UPS (with a 24V battery) reports the single cell voltage (about 2.27V when fully charged). In this particular case you can set battvoltmult = 12 in ups.conf(8) to fix this. ID=string Set the Identification response string. This should only be used with hardware that supports the Phoenixtec protocol status inquiry commands, but not the "ID" command, such as the Best/SOLA 610. Format of the ID string is: AAA,BBBB,CCC,DDD,EE.E,FF.F AAA is the three-character identification for the UPS model. BBBB is the output power in VA (volt amperes). B is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. CCC is the Nominal Input Voltage. C is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. The unit is Volts AC. DDD is the Nominal Output Voltage. D is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. The unit is Volts AC. EE.E is the Battery Voltage that will cause the UPS to shut itself off. E is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. Then unit is Volts DC and a decimal point is present. FF.F or FFF.F is the Battery Voltage at full charge. F is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. Then unit is Volts DC. Typically, for 700VA, 1KVA and 1.5KVA units, the format is FF.F. For 2KVA and 3KVA units, the format is FFF.F. Example: a Best 610 1.5KVA unit would use the string "610,1500,120,120,10.0,48.0". BUGS
The battery charge percentage value (in battery.charge) is derived from the voltage data that the UPS returns, since the UPS doesn't return that value directly. On some hardware, the charge will remain at 100% for a long time and then drops quickly shortly before the battery runs out. You can confirm from the battery.voltage readings that this is a problem with the UPS and not this driver. Similarly, the float from the charger in some models forces the battery charge percentage back up to 100% immedately after the UPS goes back on-line, so you can't tell when it is really recharged. Finally, some models give one value for the battery's nominal voltage and yet actually have a nominal voltage slightly below that. This leads to things such as the perpetual 98.7% charge on the author's Fortress 750, even when it's been charging for weeks. You can use nombattvolt= in ups.conf(8) to fix this. AUTHOR
Russell Kroll, Jason White SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 BESTUPS(8)