Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users Post 302477947 by frank_rizzo on Monday 6th of December 2010 07:51:31 PM
Old 12-06-2010
Not sure what your asking. Can you please clarify?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Users Passwords Via Script?

I am the administrator for a large network of HP/UX servers, about 100, this will be growing to over 200 in the next 18 months, part of my duties are to change the root passwords on these machines once month... which is a pain. I have written a script that will generate random passwords for me and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PJolliffe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su - user... how to find out the list of users and their passwords..

hi, to do a su - user, we need to know what are the users... so in unix 1) which file to see the list of users, passwords? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change NIS Passwords without dxaccounts/SAM?

Hi, if I am dialling in remotely it takes a long time to launch dxaccounts on Tru64 or SAM on our HP boxes. Can anyone tell me how to reset users NIS passwords without knowing their old password from the command line? When I use yppasswd it prompts me for the old password even though I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sjmolloy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict users to certain functions

Hi Gurus, Tried searching for something similiar in this forum but not really what i want. This is my case: I have about 20 users running on sun workstation. We have done a upgrade recently and right now it seems that the users can access to terminal and console which they are not suppose... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
12 Replies

5. Solaris

how to restrict the perticular commands to users

Hi all, How to restrict the perticular commands to users(or perticular users) in solaris10? Could you please assist me the precedure for above issue. Thanks & Regards krishna (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict access to specific users.

Hi All! I would like to know if there is any specific way by which I can restrict access to apecific users (ip addresses). OS : Red hat linux Thanks! nua7 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check for users blank passwords

Hello, I have an AIX 5.3 system. I want to check users to see whether there are users with blank passwords but i would prefer to do that without checking /etc/passwd or /etc/security/passwd files. Also while i was searching the web for a solution i noticed that many people refer to /etc/shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to restrict rm -rf * to users other than root?

I'm using Solaris 10. I want to restrict users from executing this dangerous command. rm -rf * But they should be able to perform the below actions: rm -rf *.* rm -rf filename rm -rf directory Is it possible? If yes then pls let me know how to do it? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bulk NIS Users Password Change

Hi All, I am having Solaris 5.10 acting as NIS. How do i change multiple user password in NIS in a batch. I have predefined users with their passwords to be set: Example: user1 password1 user2 password2 Pls advise. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogajwa
0 Replies
XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr(3pm)

NAME
XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr - Implementation class used by XML::Filter::Sort DESCRIPTION
The documentation is targetted at developers wishing to extend or replace this class. For user documentation, see XML::Filter::Sort. Two classes are used to implement buffering records and spooling them back out in sorted order as SAX events. One instance of the XML::Filter::Sort::Buffer class is used to buffer each record and one or more instances of the XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr class are used to manage the buffers. API METHODS
The API of this module as used by XML::Filter::Sort::Buffer consists of the following sequence of method calls: 1. When the first 'record' in a sequence is encountered, XML::Filter::Sort creates a XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr object using the "new()" method. 2. XML::Filter::Sort calls the buffer manager's "new_buffer()" method to get a XML::Filter::Sort::Buffer object and all SAX events are directed to this object until the end of the record is encountered. The following events are supported by the current buffer implementation: start_element() characters() comment() processing_instruction() end_element() 3. When the end of the record is detected, XML::Filter::Sort calls the buffer manager's "close_buffer()" method, which in turn calls the buffer's "close()" method. The "close()" method returns a list of values for the sort keys and the buffer manager uses these to store the buffer for later recall. Subsequent records are handled as per step 2. 4. When the last record has been buffered, XML::Filter::Sort calls the buffer manager's "to_sax()" method. The buffer manager retrieves each of the buffers in sorted order and calls the buffer's "to_sax()" method. Each buffer attempts to match the sort key paths as SAX events are received. Once a value has been found for a given key, that same path match is not attempted against subsequent events. For efficiency, the code to match each key is compiled into a closure. For even more efficiency, this compilation is done once when the XML::Filter::Sort object is created. The "compile_matches()" method in the buffer manager class calls the "compile_matches()" method in the buffer class to achieve this. DATA STRUCTURES
In the current implementation, the XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr class simply uses a hash to store the buffer objects. If only one sort key was defined, only a single hash is required. The values in the hash are arrayrefs containing the list of buffers for records with identical keys. If two or more sort keys are defined, the hash values will be XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr objects which in turn will contain the buffers. The following illustration may clarify the relationship (BM=buffer manager, B=buffer): BM +----------------+---------------+ | | BM BM +-----+--------+ +-----+----------+ | | | | BM BM BM BM +-----+----+ +----+------+ +----+----+ +------+------+ | | | | | | | | | | | | [B,B,B] [B] [B,B] [B] [B,B] [B,B,B] [B] [B,B] [B] [B,B] [B,B,B] [B,B] This layered storage structure is transparent to the XML::Filter::Sort object which instantiates and interacts with only one buffer manager (the one at the top of the tree). COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002 Grant McLean <grantm@cpan.org> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2002-06-14 XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr(3pm)