Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting send arguments to a .exe file from a shell script Post 302477928 by Corona688 on Monday 6th of December 2010 06:09:38 PM
Old 12-06-2010
Code:
command string

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Passing arguments to a shell script from file while scheduling in cron

Hi, I have a shell script Scp_1.sh for which I have to pass 2 arguments to run. I have another script Scp_2.sh which in turns calls script Scp_1.sh inside. How do I make Scp_1.sh script to read arguments automatically from a file, while running Scp_2.sh? -- Weblogic Support (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: weblogicsupport
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: If a file stays in a particular directory more than 30 min send an email

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. i have a requirement say i will receive a file in a directory say /xyz.if that file stays in that directory more than 30 min i need to get a mail to my outlook.this should run for every 20 min in crontab. can anyone help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to SQL file passed in shell script?

Hi, I am using SYBASE database. in my script i am connecting to DB via using isql. isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -D${S_DB} -P${S_PWD} -b0 -w3000 -h0 -s"|" -i${MYDIR}/ABC.sql -oXYZ.txt << FINSQL i am taking a ABC.sql file to use the queries written in it and storing the output in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to send separate mails to different users from a text file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: Code: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send an email from the txt file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884 venkata.ramana@gmail.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading arguments for a shell script from file

I have a shell script that takes 2 arguments. I will have to execute this script multiple times with different values for the arguments. for example, ./shscript env1 value1 ./shscript env1 value2 ./shscript env2 value3 ./shscript env3 value4 ./shscript env1 value5 ./shscript env3... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
24 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

php file unable to run shell script with arguments

echo $result=exec("./permit.sh".$_FILES); pls suggest some other method to run shell script in php .:wall::mad: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .exe inside shell script

I have to run some shell scripts in Windows using Cygwin. I am able to achieve that using %BASH% --login -i "/cygdrive/d/script.sh" , where %BASH% is an environment variable in Windows set to C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe. I have a created a Cygwin environment variable $EXE_PATH =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemanthJayasimh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script file check throws [: too many arguments

While I am trying to check the filename/s in IF statement of a shell script (RedHat Linux 6) I am getting below error: File check: filename_time2=`date --date='yesterday' +%Y-%m-%d` cd /location/of/the/files/to/copy if then cp server.log-$filename_time2* ../archive/new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing Arguments to shell script from file is not working as expected.

Hi All, I have below simple shell script in cloudera quick start vm cenos 6 which copy file from source to destination. # file_copy.sh source_dir = ${source_dir} target = ${target_dir} cp source_dir target and my parameter file is like below #parameter_file.txt source_dir =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narasimhasss
4 Replies
code(n) 							    [incr Tcl]								   code(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
code - capture the namespace context for a code fragment SYNOPSIS
itcl::code ?-namespace name? command ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Creates a scoped value for the specified command and its associated arg arguments. A scoped value is a list with three elements: the "@scope" keyword, a namespace context, and a value string. For example, the command namespace foo { code puts "Hello World!" } produces the scoped value: @scope ::foo {puts {Hello World!}} Note that the code command captures the current namespace context. If the -namespace flag is specified, then the current context is ignored, and the name string is used as the namespace context. Extensions like Tk execute ordinary code fragments in the global namespace. A scoped value captures a code fragment together with its namespace context in a way that allows it to be executed properly later. It is needed, for example, to wrap up code fragments when a Tk widget is used within a namespace: namespace foo { private proc report {mesg} { puts "click: $mesg" } button .b1 -text "Push Me" -command [code report "Hello World!"] pack .b1 } The code fragment associated with button .b1 only makes sense in the context of namespace "foo". Furthermore, the "report" procedure is private, and can only be accessed within that namespace. The code command wraps up the code fragment in a way that allows it to be exe- cuted properly when the button is pressed. Also, note that the code command preserves the integrity of arguments on the command line. This makes it a natural replacement for the list command, which is often used to format Tcl code fragments. In other words, instead of using the list command like this: after 1000 [list puts "Hello $name!"] use the code command like this: after 1000 [code puts "Hello $name!"] This not only formats the command correctly, but also captures its namespace context. Scoped commands can be invoked like ordinary code fragments, with or without the eval command. For example, the following statements work properly: set cmd {@scope ::foo .b1} $cmd configure -background red set opts {-bg blue -fg white} eval $cmd configure $opts Note that scoped commands by-pass the usual protection mechanisms; the command: @scope ::foo {report {Hello World!}} can be used to access the "foo::report" proc from any namespace context, even though it is private. KEYWORDS
scope, callback, namespace, public, protected, private itcl 3.0 code(n)