Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A Perl regexp to validate arithmetic expressions Post 302477841 by DGPickett on Monday 6th of December 2010 01:24:50 PM
Old 12-06-2010
# Valid arifmetic expressions
'+3',
'-(3/4+(-2-3)/3)',
'(-((3)))',
'-(+1+2)*(3/(1-2))/((-3))',
'2*-3',
# Invalid (from the point of view of a human) arifmetic expressions
'-(3/4+(-2-3)/3',
'(-((3)+))');

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with Perl REGEXP

I need help with a Perl regular expression. The following string blows up my program: <david(greg jim)> If I type this string, there is no problem: <david(greg_jim)> or type david(gregjim) or type <david greg jim> the CGI program does not complain. For some reason that I do not understand the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expressions...

I am writing script that will act like the 'comm' utility. My problem is when trying to read whether the user has entered -123 or -1 or -1...etc. I currently have: if(m/??/g){ print "Good.\n"; } So, this should check for all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DrRo183
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp

What is the easiest way to get full address of *.jpg images from html file using perl? example: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2397/2126443111_65a810004c.jpg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expressions HELP - PERL

Hello, $line=USING (FILE '/TEST1/FILENAME'5000) I want to reterive the value between ' and ) which is 5000 here. i have tried out the following expressions ... Type 1 : $Var1=`sed -e 's/.*\' //' -e 's\).*$/' $line`; Type 2 : $Var1=`echo $line | awk -F"\'" '{print $2}' | awk -F"\\)"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions - Perl

Hello everybody, I am trying to connect from hp-ux to win 2003 using perl's Net::Telnet module. Seeing the examples in couple of web sites, I saw I have to declare a Prompt => Can somebody please tell me what my regular expression should be? The prompt after I log in is: ... login:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatever
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp matching

Hello, I cannot see what's wrong in my code. When I run code below, it just print an empty string. my $test = "SWER~~ERTGSDFGTHAS_RTAWGA_DFAS.x4-234253454.in"; if ($test = ~ m/\~{1,2}.*4/) { print "$1\n"; } else { print "No match...\n"; } Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urandom
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp: no match across newlines

Hi. Here's a tricky one (at least to me): I have a file named theFile.txt (UTF-8) that contains the following: a b cWhen I execute perl -pe 's|a.*c|d|sg' theFile.txtin bash 3.2 on MAC OS X 10.6, I get no match, i.e. the result is a b cagain. Any clues why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatManWSL
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Regular Expressions

im trying to extract some tags between and in a file..for eg..the file format is I want the and extracted from the file i.e the tags which is present b/w and I have the regex for extracting the tags from the whole file but how to specify my search within the and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp help

Hi, I have file like below: 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afsf||4|aasfbc|~1213~~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |affsf| |4|abc|~rwarw~~asa~~~123~312313 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afasfs||4|aasfdbc|~564564~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp to extract first and second column

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl one-liner using regular expression to extract the first and second column of a text file: perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/" perl -p -e "s/\s*.+\s(.+)\s*/$1\n/" whereas the text file's data looks like: Error: terminated 2233 Warning: reboot 3434 Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies
shevek::regexp(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 shevek::regexp(3)

NAME
shevek::regexp - Use regular expressions. SYNOPSIS
#include <regexp.hh> Public Member Functions regexp (std::string const &pattern=std::string(), bool case_sensitive=false) Create a new object, and optionally fill it with a pattern. regexp & operator= (std::string const &pattern) Set a pattern, removing the previous one. regexp (regexp const &that) Copy a regexp. regexp & operator= (regexp const &that) Copy a regexp. void case_sensitive (bool value=true) Set whether the evaluation should be case sensitive. ~regexp () Destructor, this cleans up internal structures. bool operator() (std::string const &data) Check whether the pattern matches a string, and fill internal match structures if it does. std::string operator[] (unsigned idx) const Retrieve the value of a subexpression from the last matched string. bool valid (unsigned idx) const Test whether a subexpression was filled by the last matching string. unsigned size () const Get the number of subexpression. std::string transform (std::string const &data) const Transform a string with -codes according to the last matching string. std::string const & pattern () const Get the current pattern. Detailed Description Use regular expressions. Member Function Documentation std::string shevek::regexp::operator[] (unsignedidx) const Retrieve the value of a subexpression from the last matched string. This throws an exception if the subexpression is not valid. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libshevek from the source code. libshevek Fri May 11 2012 shevek::regexp(3)