Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A Perl regexp to validate arithmetic expressions Post 302477841 by DGPickett on Monday 6th of December 2010 01:24:50 PM
Old 12-06-2010
# Valid arifmetic expressions
'+3',
'-(3/4+(-2-3)/3)',
'(-((3)))',
'-(+1+2)*(3/(1-2))/((-3))',
'2*-3',
# Invalid (from the point of view of a human) arifmetic expressions
'-(3/4+(-2-3)/3',
'(-((3)+))');

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with Perl REGEXP

I need help with a Perl regular expression. The following string blows up my program: <david(greg jim)> If I type this string, there is no problem: <david(greg_jim)> or type david(gregjim) or type <david greg jim> the CGI program does not complain. For some reason that I do not understand the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expressions...

I am writing script that will act like the 'comm' utility. My problem is when trying to read whether the user has entered -123 or -1 or -1...etc. I currently have: if(m/??/g){ print "Good.\n"; } So, this should check for all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DrRo183
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp

What is the easiest way to get full address of *.jpg images from html file using perl? example: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2397/2126443111_65a810004c.jpg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expressions HELP - PERL

Hello, $line=USING (FILE '/TEST1/FILENAME'5000) I want to reterive the value between ' and ) which is 5000 here. i have tried out the following expressions ... Type 1 : $Var1=`sed -e 's/.*\' //' -e 's\).*$/' $line`; Type 2 : $Var1=`echo $line | awk -F"\'" '{print $2}' | awk -F"\\)"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions - Perl

Hello everybody, I am trying to connect from hp-ux to win 2003 using perl's Net::Telnet module. Seeing the examples in couple of web sites, I saw I have to declare a Prompt => Can somebody please tell me what my regular expression should be? The prompt after I log in is: ... login:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatever
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp matching

Hello, I cannot see what's wrong in my code. When I run code below, it just print an empty string. my $test = "SWER~~ERTGSDFGTHAS_RTAWGA_DFAS.x4-234253454.in"; if ($test = ~ m/\~{1,2}.*4/) { print "$1\n"; } else { print "No match...\n"; } Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urandom
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp: no match across newlines

Hi. Here's a tricky one (at least to me): I have a file named theFile.txt (UTF-8) that contains the following: a b cWhen I execute perl -pe 's|a.*c|d|sg' theFile.txtin bash 3.2 on MAC OS X 10.6, I get no match, i.e. the result is a b cagain. Any clues why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatManWSL
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Regular Expressions

im trying to extract some tags between and in a file..for eg..the file format is I want the and extracted from the file i.e the tags which is present b/w and I have the regex for extracting the tags from the whole file but how to specify my search within the and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp help

Hi, I have file like below: 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afsf||4|aasfbc|~1213~~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |affsf| |4|abc|~rwarw~~asa~~~123~312313 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afasfs||4|aasfdbc|~564564~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp to extract first and second column

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl one-liner using regular expression to extract the first and second column of a text file: perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/" perl -p -e "s/\s*.+\s(.+)\s*/$1\n/" whereas the text file's data looks like: Error: terminated 2233 Warning: reboot 3434 Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies
GENREV(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GENREV(1)

NAME
genrev - generate a RADIANCE description of surface of revolution SYNOPSIS
genrev mat name 'z(t)' 'r(t)' nseg [ -e expr ][ -f file ][ -s ] DESCRIPTION
Genrev produces a RADIANCE scene description of a surface of revolution. The object will be composed of nseg cones, cups, cylinders, tubes or rings following the parametric curve defined by z(t) (height) and r(t) (radius). When z is increasing with t, the surface normal points outward. When z is decreasing, the normal points inward. The variable t used in the function expressions varies from 0 to 1 in even steps of 1/nseg. The expressions are of the same type used in RADIANCE function files. Auxiliary expressions and/or files may be specified in any number of -e and -f options. The -s option smooths the surfaces using Phong normal interpolation. EXAMPLE
To generate a torus with an inner radius of 1 and an outer radius of 3: genrev steel torus 'sin(2*PI*t)' '2+cos(2*PI*t)' 32 AUTHOR
Greg Ward BUGS
The -s option doesn't modify the surface normal correctly for the opposite side. SEE ALSO
genrbox(1), gensurf(1), genworm(1), icalc(1), rpict(1), rvu(1), xform(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 GENREV(1)