Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple issue, what is wrong?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple issue, what is wrong? Post 302477812 by jeffs42885 on Monday 6th of December 2010 11:35:44 AM
Old 12-06-2010
I apologize. I changed the names of things to keep any proprietary information out.

The script needs to check if a database is in connecting status.
If it is, check if another process is running
if it is running, kick off "script1"
if it isnt running, start it, and then kick off "script1"

It needs to do this 5 times and after the 5th try, just end.

If the database isn't accepting, just sleep then end.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong with this simple script?

The script below is supposed to list file and folder names and list the type besides each - It has no practical value - I am just trying to learn KSH (so far sounds like a bad idea!) Expected output should look like this: folder 1 *** dir *** file1 * file * The code runs but produces... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this simple statement?

I know that this is a ridiculously simple statement, but I am getting an error when I execute it, and I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? #!/bin/ksh integer dateMonth=0 integer intZero=0 if then dateMonth = 1 fi echo $dateMonth (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

simple issue..

I have a program. Everytime that I run that program ,it prints a disclaimer msg and prompts the user to accept the agreement (i.e: type 'y' or 'n'). Now I want to run the program multiple times with different inputs. So I wrote a script which runs in a loop and calls the program multiple times.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script issue. What am I doing wrong?

#!/usr/local/bin/perl open (MYFILE, 'logs_report'); while (<MYFILE>) { $rec=$_; chomp ($rec); @arr=split(/ /,$rec); print $rec,"\n" if ($arr!~/OK/); open (MYF, '>data.txt'); print $rec,"\n" if ($arr!~/OK/); close (MYF); (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date issue

Hi all, i have used the search already before someone shouts at me and i have seen the 'datecalc' program but this is not working correctly for me in the shell and environment i am using. I am using solaris 10 and bourne shell. I have two dates '07-04-2009' and '05-05-2009'. I just need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong with this simple program in APUE?

I start wetting my toes in Linux programming. I tried the first program myls.c in Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment. #include <sys/types.h> #include <dirent.h> #include "apue.h" int main(int argc, char *argv) { DIR *dp; struct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Cut issue

I have a long string that looks something like this.... <string>http://abc.com/40/20/zzz061-3472/dP3rXLpPPV2KC846nJ4VXpH7jt4b3LJgkL/tarfile_date.tar</string> I need to but the tar file name. So I need to put between "/" and ".tar</string>". My desired result should be "tarfile_date". (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple SED issue

Hi! I'm a newbie and can't find the exact sed to make this work. I've installed CentOS and am trying to pass variables to a network-config file. variables: $ipAddress $netmask $gateway file: DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.IP=192.168.1.10 DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.Netmask=255.255.255.0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greipr
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have no idea what is wrong with my simple script.

I am doing a simple "recycle bin" script. It is to check and see if the directory .TRASH exists within the home directory. If not then it makes the directory then appends a date and time to file and then finally moves the file in. However, when I run this script, it is not making the directory as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamdeman
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong test interpretation for simple function.

Hello everyone, I have written simple script below to check if ip is added to interface #!/usr/local/bin/bash IFCONFIG="/sbin/ifconfig" SERVICE="/usr/sbin/service" IP="79.137.X.X" GREP=$(${IFCONFIG} | grep ${IP}) ip_quantity_check () { echo ${GREP} | wc -l } if ];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryn1u
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)