Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple issue, what is wrong?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple issue, what is wrong? Post 302477796 by jeffs42885 on Monday 6th of December 2010 11:11:57 AM
Old 12-06-2010
Simple issue, what is wrong?

I had this working a few days ago but I since changed it. Heres the code

Code:
x=1
while [x = 1] 1 2 3 4 5 6
1=$(ps -ef | grep process | awk '{ print $2}')
if [ -n "$1" ]
 then
      echo "The database is accepting connections..."
  echo "Now I will check the next process"

2=$(ps -ef | grep process1 | awk '{ print $2}')
    if [ -n "$2" ]
     then
          echo "Start The Process 4"
     else
          echo "Start Process3"
      cd /dir/dir/
      StartProcess3.sh
      sleep 10
      echo "Processes 3 started, start process 4!"
    fi
 else
      echo "The database isn't accepting connections"
  sleep 30
fi

I run this script and get this

Code:
test.sh[2]: syntax error at line 8 : `if' unmatched

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong with this simple script?

The script below is supposed to list file and folder names and list the type besides each - It has no practical value - I am just trying to learn KSH (so far sounds like a bad idea!) Expected output should look like this: folder 1 *** dir *** file1 * file * The code runs but produces... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this simple statement?

I know that this is a ridiculously simple statement, but I am getting an error when I execute it, and I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? #!/bin/ksh integer dateMonth=0 integer intZero=0 if then dateMonth = 1 fi echo $dateMonth (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

simple issue..

I have a program. Everytime that I run that program ,it prints a disclaimer msg and prompts the user to accept the agreement (i.e: type 'y' or 'n'). Now I want to run the program multiple times with different inputs. So I wrote a script which runs in a loop and calls the program multiple times.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script issue. What am I doing wrong?

#!/usr/local/bin/perl open (MYFILE, 'logs_report'); while (<MYFILE>) { $rec=$_; chomp ($rec); @arr=split(/ /,$rec); print $rec,"\n" if ($arr!~/OK/); open (MYF, '>data.txt'); print $rec,"\n" if ($arr!~/OK/); close (MYF); (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date issue

Hi all, i have used the search already before someone shouts at me and i have seen the 'datecalc' program but this is not working correctly for me in the shell and environment i am using. I am using solaris 10 and bourne shell. I have two dates '07-04-2009' and '05-05-2009'. I just need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong with this simple program in APUE?

I start wetting my toes in Linux programming. I tried the first program myls.c in Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment. #include <sys/types.h> #include <dirent.h> #include "apue.h" int main(int argc, char *argv) { DIR *dp; struct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Cut issue

I have a long string that looks something like this.... <string>http://abc.com/40/20/zzz061-3472/dP3rXLpPPV2KC846nJ4VXpH7jt4b3LJgkL/tarfile_date.tar</string> I need to but the tar file name. So I need to put between "/" and ".tar</string>". My desired result should be "tarfile_date". (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple SED issue

Hi! I'm a newbie and can't find the exact sed to make this work. I've installed CentOS and am trying to pass variables to a network-config file. variables: $ipAddress $netmask $gateway file: DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.IP=192.168.1.10 DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.Netmask=255.255.255.0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greipr
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have no idea what is wrong with my simple script.

I am doing a simple "recycle bin" script. It is to check and see if the directory .TRASH exists within the home directory. If not then it makes the directory then appends a date and time to file and then finally moves the file in. However, when I run this script, it is not making the directory as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamdeman
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong test interpretation for simple function.

Hello everyone, I have written simple script below to check if ip is added to interface #!/usr/local/bin/bash IFCONFIG="/sbin/ifconfig" SERVICE="/usr/sbin/service" IP="79.137.X.X" GREP=$(${IFCONFIG} | grep ${IP}) ip_quantity_check () { echo ${GREP} | wc -l } if ];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryn1u
2 Replies
Net::Google::Code::AtomParser(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Net::Google::Code::AtomParser(3pm)

NAME
Net::Google::Code::AtomParser - AtomParser with a parsing method for gcode DESCRIPTION
INTERFACE
new parse( $xml_content ) return( $feed, $entries ), $feed is a hashref like { 'title' => 'Issue updates for project net-google-code on Google Code', 'id' => 'http://code.google.com/feeds/p/net-google-code/issueupdates/basic', 'updated' => '2009-06-12T05:55:48Z' } $entries is an arrayref like [ { 'content' => '<pre>second comment </pre> ', 'name' => 'sunnavy', 'title' => 'Update 2 to issue 22 ("for sd test")', 'id' => 'http://code.google.com/feeds/p/net-google-code/issueupdates/basic/22/2', 'updated' => '2009-06-12T05:55:48Z' }, { 'content' => '<pre>first comment </pre> ', 'name' => 'sunnavy', 'title' => 'Update 1 to issue 22 ("for sd test")', 'id' => 'http://code.google.com/feeds/p/net-google-code/issueupdates/basic/22/1', 'updated' => '2009-06-12T05:55:22Z' }, ] AUTHOR
sunnavy "<sunnavy@bestpractical.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008-2010 Best Practical Solutions. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-29 Net::Google::Code::AtomParser(3pm)