Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Xterm configuration : how to copy/paste in the CLIPBOARD Post 302477723 by xib.be on Monday 6th of December 2010 09:21:14 AM
Old 12-06-2010
thank you DGPickett for the advice. But screen acts as vi. And I don't like the idea of having to switch between modes... I'm an emacs user Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

xterm font colors - configuration question?

When I telnet (ssh) over to my Fedora system, I find the colors horrible. For instance, regular files are white text, which is fine, but directories show up as dark blue which is virtually invisible against the black background). Additionally, when using vi, I find the colors great doing perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripley
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Copy of File Contents to Clipboard

Could someone show me how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard automatically without manually selecting its contents? I just want to press the "Paste Key" to show the results. I wish to use this in a ksh script. I'm using Solaris. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy text from a file from VI editor to Windows clipboard

Copy text from a file from VI editor to Windows clipboard, I mean copy entire file in vi editor to notepad. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
13 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

paste in x11 xterm

Hi, I have MBP (Macbook Pro) and when launching X11 xterm I noticed the paste button is greyed out and so you can't paste. Is there any alternative to paste in X11? I know you could use three button mouse to highlight then paste by clicking wheel button. But is there keyboard combination that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tau
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed copy paste

Hello, I have this path and file: /dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/THIS_SPOT/fle.txt I want to end up with: /dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/THIS_SPOT/fle.txtTHIS_SPOT Take the dir after the 10th slash, add a tab at the end and paste the dir it copied. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy/Paste in Vi editor

Dear All, I have a file containing 12 lines. First 3 lines have 9 values and the remaining 9 lines with no values. I was trying to copy and paste these 9 values of the first 3 lines into last 9 lines simultaneously as A=1.491331, B=1.539000 ..... but I don't know how to cope with this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sullah
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy entire contents of file to clipboard

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard, then paste into a command. i.e copy contents of file /path/filename.txt to <command> <paste text> Hope that makes sense. Basically tryting to copy the text for use in a command without having to open the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCA70
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clipboard retrieve/paste command

I mainly use Max/MSP for my audio programming, but today I am working on a project that requires the use of shell. Is it possible to do this? Retrieve the contents of the clipboard. Send a keystroke to an application without loosing focus, for example, I want to initiate a paste command (with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhill2
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I copy from windows clipboard into VI session?

trying to add my Google analytics code to every page on my site. I want to paste in into every file. I have it in Notepad++. If I open a file in VI, using Putty to connect is it easy to just paste into the VI session? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waynehazle
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 : command to copy text to the clipboard.

I'm searching a command to copy text to the clipboard. xclip and xsel are commands which are available on several kind Linux and Unix OS, but is unfortenuately not available on solaris 10. REF : xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/x/general/xwin12-Xclipboard/single/ clipboard of openSolaris is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: droopy4u
9 Replies
set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)				  Allegro manual				  set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)

NAME
set_display_switch_mode - Tells Allegro how the program handles background switching. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int set_display_switch_mode(int mode); DESCRIPTION
Sets how the program should handle being switched into the background, if the user tabs away from it. Not all of the possible modes will be supported by every graphics driver on every platform. The available modes are: SWITCH_NONE Disables switching. This is the default in single-tasking systems like DOS. It may be supported on other platforms, but you should use it with caution, because your users won't be impressed if they want to switch away from your program, but you don't let them! SWITCH_PAUSE Pauses the program whenever it is in the background. Execution will be resumed as soon as the user switches back to it. This is the default in most fullscreen multitasking environments, for example the Linux console, but not under Windows. SWITCH_AMNESIA Like SWITCH_PAUSE, but this mode doesn't bother to remember the contents of video memory, so the screen, and any video bitmaps that you have created, will be erased after the user switches away and then back to your program. This is not a terribly useful mode to have, but it is the default for the fullscreen drivers under Windows because DirectDraw is too dumb to implement anything better. SWITCH_BACKGROUND The program will carry on running in the background, with the screen bitmap temporarily being pointed at a memory buffer for the fullscreen drivers. You must take special care when using this mode, because bad things will happen if the screen bitmap gets changed around when your program isn't expecting it (see below). SWITCH_BACKAMNESIA Like SWITCH_BACKGROUND, but this mode doesn't bother to remember the contents of video memory (see SWITCH_AMNESIA). It is again the only mode supported by the fullscreen drivers under Windows that lets the program keep running in the background. Note that you should be very careful when you are using graphics routines in the switching context: you must always call acquire_screen() before the start of any drawing code onto the screen and not release it until you are completely finished, because the automatic locking mechanism may not be good enough to work when the program runs in the background or has just been raised in the foreground. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero on success, invalidating at the same time all callbacks previously registered with set_display_switch_callback(). Returns -1 if the requested mode is not currently possible. SEE ALSO
set_display_switch_callback(3alleg4), get_display_switch_mode(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4), exswitch(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)