Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can we use two shebang statements in a single shell script? Post 302477678 by jim mcnamara on Monday 6th of December 2010 07:01:09 AM
Old 12-06-2010
The shebang works only when
1. it is on the first line
2. it starts in column one

If you need to run some code in another shell -
Code:
#!/bin/bash
/bin/ksh -c ' your command goes here'  # can't type - removed shebang

This executes one line using ksh. Otherwise you have to invoke the other shell in a separate script.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
/path/to/script.csh
/path/to/anotherscript.ksh

I added .csh and .ksh extensions to show what shell they use, the .ksh extension, for example, has no effect on actual shell choice in the script.

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 12-06-2010 at 08:56 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

single input shell script?

hey, i'm trying to write a shell script which accepts: operand operator operand then, the script would see which operator it is (using case) and calculate it... but i dont know how to do it correctly with $1 $2 $3... (eliminating accepting separate inputs) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quipy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running remote shell script containing sql statements

I have a shell script which resides on three SCO machines containing some simple sqlplus statments. I need to run these scripts remotely. Currently, I am trying to use rsh to do so: rsh hostname myscript args The problem is that the arguments to the sqlplus statements in the remote shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madbreaks
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through a shell script with sql statements

Hello members, I'm working on the Solaris environment and the DB i'm using is Oracle 10g. Skeleton of what I'm attempting; Write a ksh script to perform the following. I have no idea how to include my sql query within a shell script and loop through the statements. Have therefore given a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice82
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in shell script when #!/bin/bash is used as shebang

#!/bin/ksh echo -en "\033|||'-')) echo -e "\033 The above script works fine when the interpreter is ksh, but outputs the following error when #!/bin/bash is used as shebang: test.sh: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `(' test.sh: line 5: `case "$ACTIVATION_KEY" in +(|||'-'))' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a single script in different shell

Hi All, I am new in UNIX.I have a situation here.:confused: I have a script which have to be run in every shell (like KSH,BASH,CSH). Script may be any thing. But i don't know how to do it.Because the syntax of every shell may be different. Please advise.. Thanks for your kind advise in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdash.ps
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Shebang line of Bash Script

Hello All, I was writing a Bash shell script that will be executed on both an AIX server (/usr/bin/ksh) and a SLES server (/bin/bash). The AIX server has Bash installed at "/usr/bin/bash", which is in a different dir then the SLES server. So basically I am writing the script on the SLES... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we convert 3 awk statements in a single statement

Hi, Can we use 3 statements convert in a single statement. First statement output using the second statement and the second statement output using the third statement please let me know the syntax so that I can able to merge all the three statement. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priti2277
2 Replies

8. Programming

Shell script - if statements dont work

hi all, i have made a shell script and it runs until it reaches the if statement, doesn't the ! mean only if the command fails it will echo me that message and then exit can anyone please help me what is wrong with my code? many thanks, rob #!/bin/bash echo "is this archive... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell script wont terminated if i don't modify the shebang

Hi all, I'm new to shell script i wrote some shell script for my colleague, everyone is fine,except on user we are using VNC viewer to work and there are some script start with shebang #! /bin/csh there is an user will not terminate after running the script even if a hello world i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilistar0222
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple expect/send statements not working in shell script

Hi I am trying the following in my bash script which logs into my machine and runs a command. Trying to solve this using expect. The first expect statement is hit and it enters the address "10.10.0.10" but when the second expect statement is hit it exits #!/bin/bash expect -c ' spawn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skorada
2 Replies
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3)

NAME
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl - Stream TAP from a Perl executable VERSION
Version 3.28 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Source; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl; my $source = TAP::Parser::Source->new->raw( 'script.pl' ); $source->assemble_meta; my $class = 'TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl'; my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); my $iter = $class->make_iterator( $source ); DESCRIPTION
This is a Perl TAP::Parser::SourceHandler - it has 2 jobs: 1. Figure out if the TAP::Parser::Source it's given is actually a Perl script ("can_handle"). 2. Creates an iterator for Perl sources ("make_iterator"). Unless you're writing a plugin or subclassing TAP::Parser, you probably won't need to use this module directly. METHODS
Class Methods "can_handle" my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); Only votes if $source looks like a file. Casts the following votes: 0.9 if it has a shebang ala "#!...perl" 0.75 if it has any shebang 0.8 if it's a .t file 0.9 if it's a .pl file 0.75 if it's in a 't' directory 0.25 by default (backwards compat) "make_iterator" my $iterator = $class->make_iterator( $source ); Constructs & returns a new TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process for the source. Assumes "$source->raw" contains a reference to the perl script. "croak"s if the file could not be found. The command to run is built as follows: $perl @switches $perl_script @test_args The perl command to use is determined by "get_perl". The command generated is guaranteed to preserve: PERL5LIB PERL5OPT Taint Mode, if set in the script's shebang Note: the command generated will not respect any shebang line defined in your Perl script. This is only a problem if you have compiled a custom version of Perl or if you want to use a specific version of Perl for one test and a different version for another, for example: #!/path/to/a/custom_perl --some --args #!/usr/local/perl-5.6/bin/perl -w Currently you need to write a plugin to get around this. "get_taint" Decode any taint switches from a Perl shebang line. # $taint will be 't' my $taint = TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl -t' ); # $untaint will be undefined my $untaint = TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl' ); "get_perl" Gets the version of Perl currently running the test suite. SUBCLASSING
Please see "SUBCLASSING" in TAP::Parser for a subclassing overview. Example package MyPerlSourceHandler; use strict; use vars '@ISA'; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl; @ISA = qw( TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl ); # use the version of perl from the shebang line in the test file sub get_perl { my $self = shift; if (my $shebang = $self->shebang( $self->{file} )) { $shebang =~ /^#!(.*perl.*?)(?:(?:s)|(?:$))/; return $1 if $1; } return $self->SUPER::get_perl(@_); } SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::IteratorFactory, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::File, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Handle, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::RawTAP perl v5.16.3 2013-05-02 TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3)