Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Large Data move from Win to AIX Post 302477652 by citaylor on Monday 6th of December 2010 04:52:55 AM
Old 12-06-2010
There are a lot of threads that have dedicated themselves to this sort of topic.
Most recommend "rsync", "scp -r" or using "tar" piped through rsh or some similar network protocol.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to citaylor For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move from Win -> Unix

I'd like to become a web applications developer, and the company I currently work for use Sun/Apache and Perl, CGI and Python and Oracle to develop in (which is a little unfortunate for me as I have MS IIS and ASP/VBScript and SQL from my last job). I have an old laptop I'd like to convert from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dawn
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

large file in AIX 4.3

How I can change the caracteristic do filesystem /alzenir of JFS para EJFS(large file)? What is the procedure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alzenir
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Large files

Hi, Im running (on AIX 5.2) a script which moves 16 large files (up to 1 Go each). It uses the 'mv' command and runs during 30 minutes. I would like to improve this by using something else faster. Any ideas ? Thx in advance ! T (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony_soprano
8 Replies

4. AIX

Large file move from one server to another

I Have two AIX 5.3 servers. I want to move a 45GB file from Server B to Server A. Can I achieve this with using Tivoli? Or how could I achieve this, by mounting a directory from server B to server A? Any help apreciated! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
14 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to share win folder in AIX

Hi, Iam unable to share WInXp folder in AIX, i configured samba, its working fine, i am able to access win folder from AIX by using samba but unbale to access AIX folder from Windows. bash-3.00# mount -v cifs -n Win_IP/Win_username/Win_passwd /Win_Folder /AIX-folder Result: There was an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpasha06
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

not large enough to display the application in red hat linux x win desktop

I use red hat linux es 5 I use startx to start the x-win desktop. But when I use vritual manager . The display application is too large so the bottom part for the application cannot show out. I cannot scroll down to get the display of bottm part . So, I do not know what button display at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX and Value too large to be stored in data type.

root@test8:/config1>oslevel -s 5300-01-00-0000 root@test8:/config1>oslevel -r 5300-01 while moving a file sized 9GB i got this message root@test8:/configapp>mv bkp_14JUN16_oraapp_2.tgz /oraapp bkp_14JUN16_oraapp_2.tgz: Value too large to be stored in data type. possibly need APAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
APPROX-GC(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      APPROX-GC(8)

NAME
approx-gc - garbage-collect the cache of Debian archive files SYNOPSIS
approx-gc [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
approx-gc scans the cache created by approx(8) and finds files that are corrupted or no longer needed. With no options specified, these files are listed on standard output and removed from the cache. A corrupted file is one whose size or checksum does not match the value specified in the Packages or Sources file. An unneeded file is one that is not referenced from any distribution's Packages or Sources file. approx-gc may take several minutes to finish. OPTIONS
-c file, --config file Specify an additional configuration file. May be used multiple times. -f, --fast Don't perform checksum validation. -k, --keep, -s, --simulate Don't remove files from the cache. -q, --quiet Don't print file names. -v, --verbose Print the reason for removal of each file. EXAMPLES
To remove all unneeded or corrupted files from the cache: approx-gc --quiet This is run as a weekly cron(8) job. To list the files that would be removed from the cache, without actually doing so: approx-gc --keep FILES
/etc/approx/approx.conf Configuration file for approx and related programs. /var/cache/approx Default cache directory for archive files. SEE ALSO
approx.conf(5), approx(8), cron(8) AUTHOR
Eric Cooper <ecc@cmu.edu> May 2011 APPROX-GC(8)