Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help me to know about awk and nawk Post 302477615 by natraj005 on Monday 6th of December 2010 03:02:47 AM
Old 12-06-2010
thnks ROHON

what exactly this will do
HTML Code:
 nawk -F"/" '{print $(NF-1)}'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with Awk or nawk

Can anyone explain to me why the first line doesn't work and the second seems to work fine. I am trying to find all occurances of text within a certain column (col 13) that start with the character V, I suppose it sounds simple but I have tried using the following but don't really understand what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk -v to awk

hi, i have the command nawk -v i want to use it equivalent in awk? any help please :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use awk instead of nawk?

Hi all, I can run the following script using nawk..However, I find that teh server dun support nawk.. May I know how to change teh script to use awk such that it will work? Very urgent.. thx! nawk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS=","} NR==FNR{arr=$2;next} $0 !~ "Documentation"{print $0;next} ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinmak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing awk and nawk

Hi Guys, i tried these two commands. First in awk and nawk. The nawk command is running fine but the awk command is throwing error. What is wrong with the awk command. There are lot of awk commands running fine in my system d003:/usr/local/dsadm/dsprod>nawk 'NR = 1 {print " "$0}' a.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and nawk on Solaris

Why do they do two different things? Like on one version of UNIX you can use awk, but tehn if you move to Solaris then awk becomes something crap and you need to use nawk instead! whY!?!?!?! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or nawk in ksh

I am trying to use either awk or nawk in ksh88 to grep the word "Reason" in multiple files and than print the lines that say "Reason" in a particular format that is different from how they would normally print. The original input is as follows: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ther2000
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk,nawk Help please

Hi Guys, I am in need of some help; I have an xml message file which contains personal details as shown below: , message=, message=, message=, message=, message=, message= I want to use nawk to parse these xml messages but I am new to awk and nawk. What I want is to get output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/Nawk Questions

Hi Guys, This is the Input: <xn:MeContext id="XXX012"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <xn:attributes> <xn:userLabel>XXX012</xn:userLabel> <xn:swVersion>R58E68</xn:swVersion> </xn:attributes> </xn:ManagedElement> </xn:MeContext>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarones
4 Replies
HTML::Filter(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   HTML::Filter(3)

NAME
HTML::Filter - Filter HTML text through the parser NOTE
This module is deprecated. The "HTML::Parser" now provides the functionally of "HTML::Filter" much more efficiently with the the "default" handler. SYNOPSIS
require HTML::Filter; $p = HTML::Filter->new->parse_file("index.html"); DESCRIPTION
"HTML::Filter" is an HTML parser that by default prints the original text of each HTML element (a slow version of cat(1) basically). The callback methods may be overridden to modify the filtering for some HTML elements and you can override output() method which is called to print the HTML text. "HTML::Filter" is a subclass of "HTML::Parser". This means that the document should be given to the parser by calling the $p->parse() or $p->parse_file() methods. EXAMPLES
The first example is a filter that will remove all comments from an HTML file. This is achieved by simply overriding the comment method to do nothing. package CommentStripper; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub comment { } # ignore comments The second example shows a filter that will remove any <TABLE>s found in the HTML file. We specialize the start() and end() methods to count table tags and then make output not happen when inside a table. package TableStripper; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub start { my $self = shift; $self->{table_seen}++ if $_[0] eq "table"; $self->SUPER::start(@_); } sub end { my $self = shift; $self->SUPER::end(@_); $self->{table_seen}-- if $_[0] eq "table"; } sub output { my $self = shift; unless ($self->{table_seen}) { $self->SUPER::output(@_); } } If you want to collect the parsed text internally you might want to do something like this: package FilterIntoString; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub output { push(@{$_[0]->{fhtml}}, $_[1]) } sub filtered_html { join("", @{$_[0]->{fhtml}}) } SEE ALSO
HTML::Parser COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1997-1999 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 HTML::Filter(3)