Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting http post with data from variable? Post 302477596 by aemunathan on Monday 6th of December 2010 01:12:00 AM
Old 12-06-2010
that i tried....its not ok.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

XML Import & HTTP Post

this may be very basic to some but all new to me I have an application running on SCO Unix server which issues an HTTP Post request to a server with the results being returned in I.E browser window in XML format I need to import these results into my customers application and dont know how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccarcher
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to read the data from an excel sheet and use those data as variable in the unix c

I have 3 columns in an excel sheet. c1 c2 c3 EIP_ACCOUNT SMALL_TS_01 select A.* from acc; All the above 3 col shoud be passed a variable in the unix code. 1.How to read an excel file 2.How to pass these data as variable to the unic script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Grace
1 Replies

3. Programming

unable to get end of file while reading HTTP data from socket

I am trying to read HTTP data from a socket. However, for the final set of data being read using read(), read blocks and the control doesnt come back for further processing. I tried using select, but it didn't work... Any help would be greatly acknowledged.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harish.joshi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send XML data using HTTP Post Request

How to hit HTTP Post Request along with sending XML data to a Remote server through command line utility like wget (or anything else). (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep reddy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue in Curl to send http POST request with attachment/multipart

Hi, I am using curl to hit a url using http in solaris 10 using commandline, I want to transfer an attachment(using multipart curl -F) also as a part of the request. If anyone has used kindly help me with the syntax. I am using below command: Code: /usr/local/bin/curl -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishmaha
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting variable space width data into CSV data in bash

Hi All, I was wondering how I can convert each line in an input file where fields are separated by variable width spaces into a CSV file. Below is the scenario what I am looking for. My Input data in inputfile.txt 19 15657 15685 Sr2dReader 107.88 105.51... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vharsha
4 Replies

7. Programming

Sending and Receiving data between Client, HTTP Proxy, and Remote Server

I am having problems receiving data from a remote server. It seems that I can send an HTTP request to any host such as http://www.google.com, but I can't get a reply. I'm sending the host a HTTP 1.0 request that is formatted as such: GET / HTTP/1.0 Host: http://www.google.com Connection:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubham92
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Http Post over SSL

Hello, I'm using a tunnel broker for tunneling IPv6 traffic, as my ISP does not support it natively. As of recent i switched from Hurricane Electrics tunnel broker to Sixxs. Whenever my IP address changes, i have to manually log in and change it. This is a bit cumbersome so i was thinking of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: regexp
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the http post request

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script to parse the post request data that it received to a xml file. Below is the post request data that script is receiving. -----------------------------7dd2339190c8e Content-Disposition: form-data; name="param1" 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdp
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find time difference between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in access.log

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to determine the time gap between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in the HTTP Servers access log. Normally client will do HTTP PUT to push content e.g. file_1.txt and 21 seconds later it will do HTTP DELETE, but sometimes the time varies causing some issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies
evmpost(1)						      General Commands Manual							evmpost(1)

NAME
evmpost - post events to the EVM daemon SYNOPSIS
msg priority]] | [filename| DESCRIPTION
The command takes a file or stream of text event sources as input and converts them to binary EVM events. By default, the command then posts them to the EVM daemon for distribution. If the option is specified, writes the EVM events to its stream instead of posting them to the daemon. By default, attempts to retrieve event template information from the EVM daemon and merges the template items and environmental items such as and into the output events. If the option is used, the output events contain only the items specified in the source. An event source may contain any number of events. Each event is specified in the manner shown. See the EvmEvent(5) manpage for a more detailed explanation. The command recognizes the following data items in an event source: o o o o o o o o o o All EVM variable types may be specified except for Refer to EvmEvent(5) for details on data items and variables. In the event source, each keyword must be accompanied by a corresponding value. The value must be enclosed in double quotes ("") if it contains white space. The data item keywords that are specified outside the event body are taken as global values. The data item keywords are included in each of the following events which do not have an explicit value defined for that keyword. Comments are indicated by a leading character. Blank lines are ignored. The command builds an EVM event containing the items that are explicitly specified in the source. If the event is posted or if the option is specified without additional environmental items such as the and template items are inserted into the event automatically. The rules for posting an event are more stringent than those for an event simply to exist. Therefore, may display an error when trying to post an an event that cannot be posted, even though the same source is accepted when using the option. For example, do not post an event if it does not contain a name with at least three components because the daemon rejects it. However, such an event can exist, and can create it and pass it to The following example fails because it does not contain a name: The following example is successful, even though it does not display any useful information: The option can verify event source and template files by piping the output into See evmshow(1). Options Does not post the events, but instead passes them directly to as raw EVM events. An error occurs if is directed to a terminal device. When used with the option, causes event template items and environmental values to be merged with the items included in the source. This is the default mode. When used with the option, inhibits the merging of template items and environmental values. Posts an administrator's quick message event with the name and the string msg in a variable data item. If a message contains spaces, the message must be enclosed in quotation marks (""). The event is used to add a message entry in the event log. This option may be used only by privileged users. Posts a user's quick message event with the name and the string msg in a variable data item. If a message contains spaces, the message must be enclosed in quotation marks (""). The event is used to add a message entry in the event log. Assigns priority as the for an administrator's or user's quick message. The priority value must be an integer in the range 0-700. If the priority is not specified, the default of 200 is used. Operands filename Read event sources from filename. If filename is omitted, or is specified as event sources are read from RETURN VALUES
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion. An error occurred. EXAMPLES
o The following example posts an event, provided that a template file containing an event with a matching name has been registered with the EVM daemon. o The following example interprets an event template file, and displays a dump of the contents of each event. Environmental items, such as a timestamp, are not merged into the event. This command checks the syntax and contents of the file. o The following example shows how is used in a shell script to signal completion of some operation: o The following example must be run as to post an administrator's message event. o The following example posts a quick user's message. o This example posts an event that includes a variable. If the template for this event contains the following format data item: then displays this event as: WARNINGS
The command rejects attempts to output raw events to a terminal device. Post only events for which you have posting authorization, and for which a template exists. FILES
Definition of the sockets and protocols used for Internet services Location of the EVM authorization file SEE ALSO
Commands evmget(1), evminfo(1), evmshow(1), evmsort(1), evmwatch(1). Routines EvmEventPost(3). Files evmdaemon.conf(4), evmtemplate(4), services(4). Event Management EVM(5). EVM Events EvmEvent(5). evmpost(1)