Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to delete 3 days old files using ftp in a shell script (Solaris OS) Post 302477589 by R0H0N on Monday 6th of December 2010 12:45:51 AM
Old 12-06-2010
If u cant use ssh then I suggest u to use client server programming.
This User Gave Thanks to For This Post:
R0H0N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files over 30 days

I have a directory that contains files. I would like the command that deletes all files that are over 30 days old. Delete files based on creation date and not modified. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEBRAUN
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 2 days using shell script in Unix

I'm new to shell script.... can any one help... What is the shell script to delete the files older than 2 days ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishpabba
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp, archive, email and delete from shell script

Hello, I found the forum’s information very helpful and informative. I am relatively new to UNIX programming. I am researching how to write a UNIX shell script to ftp all files from specific host folder to a client server. Also need to archive all transferred files, send a message (email) if any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for purging the 3 days old files

Hi all, I try to write shell script to the below requirement. I have Hard coded the oratab location and take the list of databases from oratab and find out archive log locations for each database, and list more than 3 days old files for each location and purge those. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mak_boop
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for delete tmp files older than 15 days and owned by "xxx" id

Hi All , I want to delete files from /tmp directory created by "xxxx" id. because i got the list says more than 60 thousand files were created by "xxxx" id since 2002. The /tmp directory has lot of files created by different user ids like root,system etc.. But, i need a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files in a folder older than 2 days

hi i need a script to delete the files older than 2 days... if my input is say in a folder versions A_14122012.txt A_15122012.txt A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt i want my output to be A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt thanks in advance hemanth saikumar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files older than x days and also taking an input for multiple paths

Hi , I am a newbie!!! I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files 30 days old

Will this work to delete files 30 days old in $backupDir or is there a better way to do it? find $backupDir -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files from those server . HI , I have 6 multiple servers pla1,pla2,pla3,pla4,pla5,pla6 1. These six servers have common shared mount point /var/share 2. Running script from /var/share to connect these servers.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcroyal88
1 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M) 														   ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)