Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filesystem Usage Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filesystem Usage Script Post 302477536 by rdcwayx on Sunday 5th of December 2010 06:01:55 PM
Old 12-05-2010
Don't forget to use code tag in this forum.

Code:
ALERT=5
df -k -F ufs |awk -v a=$ALERT 'int($5)>a {print "Running out of space ", $6 , $5 }'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to get filesystem usage in c

hi, everyone Can anybody tell me how to get free blocks and total blocks of filesystem in c. I am working on a hp-unix Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mika
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Filesystem Usage

Hi Guys... I want to change the below script to send an alert when my file system is greater than 5G. # If any filesystem has less than 5k, issue an alert if Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystem usage with more than 80%.

Hi All, I need to display the output of rah "df -m" only for the filesysytems those are touching or crossing 80%. Im using SuSE Linux box and the output of original rah command is- /dev/NODE0001 557900 446681 83319 75% /db2fs/NODE0001 /dev/NODE0002 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

7. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem usage discrepancy after "copy"

I have a query someone may be able to shed some light on... We have a Solaris 10 OS Sun V490 server Sparc. I have a SAN attached EMC Clarrion LUN which we have app data stored on. Pseudo name=emcpower0a CLARiiON ID=CK200070300470 Due to storage requirements - I need to migrate this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ru4n1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to calculate the max cpu usage from the main script

Hi All, I have a script which does report the cpu usuage, there are few output parameter/fields displayed from the script. My problem is I have monitor the output and decide which cpu number (column 2) has maximum value (column 6). Since the output is displayed/updated every seconds, it's very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space usage by top 5 users in a filesystem

I want to see top 5 users,who have occupied most amount of disk space in a filesystem. But not sure how to do it. I can get the usage for a particular user find . -user user -type f exec df -h {} \;|awk '{ s = s+$1 } END { print "Total used: ",s }' But how to get without specifying any user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rka
6 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3)