Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Interface bonding / Link aggregation (Multiple) Post 302477444 by TehOne on Sunday 5th of December 2010 06:36:47 AM
Old 12-05-2010
Interface bonding / Link aggregation (Multiple)

Hello,

I've been using mode 4 with four slaves, however looking at ifconfig showed that the traffic was not balanced correctly between the interfaces, the outgoing traffic has been alot higher on the last slave.

Example:

eth0 RX 123.2 GiB TX 22.5 GiB
eth1 RX 84.8 GiB TX 8.3 GiB
eth2 RX 198.7 GiB TX 11.1 GiB
eth3 RX 78.2 GiB TX 1.7 TiB

A) What could possibly be the source of such an issue?
B) Is it possible to make two bond interfaces in mode 4 and then have them round-robin?

Something like this:

bond0 (mode 4)
*eth0
*eht1
bond1 (mode 4)
*eth2
*eth3

and then have both round-robin, so:

bond2 (mode 0)
*bond0
*bond1

Any help is highly appreciated and thanks in advance guys Smilie

Last edited by TehOne; 12-05-2010 at 09:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Link Aggregation

Hi there I have a requirement to provide failover to our customer boxes in case of interface / switch failure, I have been looking at Solaris Link Aggregation with LACP and I wanted to ask a question Ive seen multiple websites that say the following Does this also mean that if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Link Aggregation and LACP

Hi there I have a requirement to provide failover to our customer boxes in case of interface / switch failure, I have been looking at Solaris Link Aggregation with LACP and I wanted to ask a question Ive seen multiple websites that say the following Does this also mean that if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

bonding lacp and link aggregation

Hello, I am trying to get clarity on a few things and am looking for some info. In every article I have read about link aggregation and lacp, it can be used combine physical links to create 1 logical link for increased bandwidth. But what it doesn't say is if this is limited by source/dst. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaredo
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

bonding without switch link aggregation

I have some linux machines that I am trying to increase the throughput to on a single connection. They connect to a switch with two 1GbE lines and the switch does not have Link Aggregation support for these machines. I have tried bonding with balance-rr, balance-alb, but the machines can only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eruditass
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Link aggregation

Me again :) I'm trying to find a page describing the L2, L3 und L4 modes of dladm. It's nice to read "hashed by ip header", but how should I use that? On the file-server it's ok to have the six interfaces serving six clients each on it's own. But an rsync connection via switch between two... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
8 Replies

6. HP-UX

Break Link Aggregation in HP UX.

Hi, I want to Break the Link Aggregation. My aggregation are lan0+lan1 = lan900. Now I want to break this and put the IP in lan0. But i have cluster environment and this is the main database server. So It need to change in cluster script. But I dont know where I have to change it. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkiron
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Is bond0 ready and a bonding interface? - 4G Bonding Router Problems (RPI)

HI all, First post on the forum, and my first proper project on the Paspberry Pi, so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am trying to turn my Pi in to a 3G/4G Bonding router. I have been researching and trying this for a week or so now. The basic plan is to have up to 6 ZTE MF823 USB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elliottlc
0 Replies

8. AIX

Is it possible to configure bonding over bonded interface in AIX?

Hi Everyone, Is it possible to configure bonding over bonded interface in AIX? For example: server has for NIC port: ent0 ent1 ent2 ent3 First I create a EtherChannel ent4 from ent0 and ent1. and then I create a EtherChannel ent5 from ent2 and ent3. Can I create a EtherChannel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Link Aggregation

Hi ihave three link of internet and iwant to put one linux front of a firewall that this three linux speard firewall such az load balance and fialover but dont close any port and protocol and only firewall have been internet what way can i use for it ? are there any script and services do that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bonding IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation : Bond showing less than desired throughput

Hi All, I have done IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation bond configuration with name bond0 which has 4 slaves (each 25GB/s) in it on cent os 6.8. Issue i am facing is bonding throughput is only 50GB/s not 100GB/s. below are the configuration files : DEVICE=bond0 IPADDR=xx.xx.xx.xx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
AGR(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AGR(4)

NAME
agr -- link aggregation pseudo network interface driver SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device agr DESCRIPTION
The agr driver provides link aggregation functionality (a.k.a. L2 trunking or bonding). It supports the IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and the Marker Protocol. The agr driver supports the following link specific flags for ifconfig(8): link0 Use the round-robin distribution algorithm. Don't use it unless you're really sure, because it violates the frame ordering rule. -link0 Use the default distribution algorithm, which is based on the hash of DA/SA, TCI, and, if available, some upper layer protocol infor- mation like ip(4) DA/SA. link1 Disable LACP. Prevents any LACP or Marker messaging which leaves the ports in the default static configuration. Set this prior to adding ports. EXAMPLES
Create an agr interface, agr0, and attach re0 and re1 to it. In other words, aggregate re0 and re1 so that they can be used as a single interface, agr0. The physical interfaces which are attached to the agr interface must not have any IP addresses, neither IPv4 nor IPv6. ifconfig re0 inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx delete ifconfig re0 inet6 fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx delete ifconfig re1 inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx delete ifconfig re1 inet6 fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx delete ifconfig agr0 create ifconfig agr0 agrport re0 ifconfig agr0 agrport re1 Destroy an interface created in the above example. ifconfig agr0 -agrport re0 ifconfig agr0 -agrport re1 ifconfig agr0 destroy SEE ALSO
ifconfig(8) STANDARDS
IEEE 802.3ad Aggregation of Multiple Link Segments HISTORY
The agr driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The agr driver was written by YAMAMOTO Takashi. BUGS
There is no way to configure LACP administrative variables, including system and port priorities. The current implementation of the agr driver always performs active-mode LACP and uses 0x8000 as system and port priorities. The agr driver uses the MAC address of the first-added physical interface as the MAC address of the agr interface itself. Thus, removing the physical interface and using it for another purpose can result in non-unique MAC addresses. The current implementation of the agr driver doesn't prevent unsafe operations like some ioctls against underlying physical interfaces. Such operations can result in unexpected behaviors, and are strongly discouraged. There is no way to configure agr interfaces without attaching physical interfaces. Physical interfaces being added to the agr interface shouldn't have any addresses except for link level address. Otherwise, the attempt will fail with EBUSY. Note that it includes an automatically assigned IPv6 link-local address. BSD
February 23, 2010 BSD