Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Learning SQL - suggestions
Top Forums Programming Learning SQL - suggestions Post 302477370 by Scotch on Saturday 4th of December 2010 04:51:16 PM
Old 12-04-2010
Learning SQL - suggestions

Hi

i want to practice sql statements
which program can help me
in windows
in to write statments and create tabels ,views , triggers , transactions
add relation between tabels and so on

what should to do which program help me
also , any sites to help check sql statments correctness

Last edited by radoulov; 12-04-2010 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Subject fixed - please read the rules!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup Suggestions.

Hi all, Have two SCO 5.0.5 systems and one Slackware(joy?) system. I've been asked to backup all three systems onto a newly acquired AIT Tape drive that we've installed on one of the SCO boxes. Using the existing cpio backup script on the one SCO works a treat and is really fast (which is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looking for Suggestions...

We run WebSphere and by default it wants to install everything under /usr. While I can understand the default (everyone has a /usr) I would like to move this over to a dedicated volume group called apps and then setup my lv's and fs's here. Our WebSphere Admin doesn't like this because apparently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need suggestions.......

Hello there....i am a final year comp science student.......i am thinking of doing my project on unix platform......which one do u suggest?thanx in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theprasad1990
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

7. AIX

AIX learning path: suggestions

Hello, Am fresher to AIX domain but trained in RHEL 5. I want to go for AIX certifications in future and very much eager to learn AIX from basics.Kindly provide me the guides or the links or the books for study. What are the recent IBM AIX certifications in the market as of today and their... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaheerbk
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestions for the interview

Hi guys, i'm undergoing a traning in solaris administration and i request if any one have an idea on the interview questions on solaris. thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 038karthik
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder(3pm)

NAME
Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder - Build LDAP filter statements VERSION
This document refers to version 1.0004 of Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder PURPOSE
Use this module to construct LDAP filter statments which are compliant with the RFC 4515 syntax and also safely escape special characters. Filter statements can be built incrementally using simple logic operations. SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder; my $filter1 = Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder->new( sn => 'Jones' ); # now $filter1 eq '(sn=Jones)' Basic logic operations such as "and", "or" and "not": $filter1->and( givenName => 'David' ); # (&(sn=Jones)(givenName=David)) my $filter2 = Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder->new( sn => [ 'Jones', 'Edwards', 'Lewis' ] ); # (|(sn=Jones)(sn=Edwards)(sn=Lewis)) my $filter3 = Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder->new( givenName => 'David' )->not; # (!(givenName=David)) Build up filters incrementally from other FilterBuidler objects: my $filter4 = Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder->new( sn => ['Jones', 'Edwards'] )->and( $filter3 ); # (&(|(sn=Jones)(sn=Edwards))(!(givenName=David))) Special characters to LDAP will be escaped: my $filter5 = Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder->new( sn => 'foo*bar' ); # (sn=foo*bar) To disable escaping, pass a Scalar reference: my $filter6 = Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder->new( sn => 'foo*bar' ); # (sn=foo*bar) Alternate operators are available through the three-argument constructor form: my $filter7 = Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder->new( '>=', dateOfBirth => '19700101000000Z' ); # (dateOfBirth>=19700101000000Z) DESCRIPTION
This is a convenience module which greatly simplifies the construction of LDAP query filter statments, which are described in RFC 4515 and also the Net::LDAP::Filter manual page. USAGE
To make any filter, call the constructor "new" with the attribute and value to match: my $filter = Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder->new( sn => 'Jones' ); The value returned is an object, but stringifies to the current query: print "success" if $filter eq '(sn=Jones)'; # prints "success" However you can refine the filter statement using three additional methods for the logical operations "and", "or" and "not", as shown in the "SYOPSIS" section, above, and the "METHODS" section below. There are two ways to refine a filter. Either call the logic method with a new attribute and value, or call a logic method and pass another Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder object. These two practices are also shown in the "SYNOPSIS" section, above. Comparison Operators By default the module uses an equal operator between the attribute and value. To select an alternate operator, use the three agurment form of the constructor: my $filter = Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder->new( '>=', dateOfBirth => '19700101000000Z' ); # (dateOfBirth>=19700101000000Z) Note that this module is not aware of the list of valid operators, it simply takes the first argument to be the operator, whatever it might be. Special Character Escaping If you happen to include one of the small set of characters which are of special significance to LDAP filter statments in your value argument, then those characters will be escaped. The list of characters is: ( ) * NUL To avoid this pass in a scalar reference as the value argument. For example to enable a wildcard (substring) match on a value: my $filter = Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder->new( sn => 'foo*bar' ); # (sn=foo*bar) METHODS
as_str Returns the string representation of the LDAP filter. Note that the object will stringify to this value in string context, too. and(FILTERSPEC) Logically conjoins this filter with the one specified by FILTERSPEC. FILTERSPEC may be a Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder object, or a hash representation of the filter as taken by new. Returns the newly-conjoined Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder. or(FILTERSPEC) Logically disjoins this filter with the one specified by FILTERSPEC. FILTERSPEC may be a Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder object, or a hash representation of the filter as taken by new. Returns the newly-disjoined Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder. not Logically complements this filter. Returns the newly-negated Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder. AUTHOR
Originally written by Ray Miller. MAINTAINER
Oliver Gorwits "<oliver.gorwits@oucs.ox.ac.uk>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (c) The University of Oxford 2008. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-06-13 Net::LDAP::FilterBuilder(3pm)