Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: L2TP over PPTP
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support L2TP over PPTP Post 302477366 by majid.merkava on Saturday 4th of December 2010 03:56:16 PM
Old 12-04-2010
L2TP over PPTP

Hi there.

Here is a crazy question:
can we connect to a L2TP vpn server Through a PPTP VPN server(I mean when connecting to a pptp server)?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD 4.9 PPTP server

Hey guys, what's up? I'm new to UNIX and I really don't know much. Kinda learning as I go along. I have successfully installed FreeBSD 4.9 and enabled FTP and Telnet services. I'm looking to setup a VPN server on my BSD box but I'm lost. Can anyone guide me in the right way? Much thanks! -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirex
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pptp / pf issue

Long story short, I have an issue with getting my VPN to connect to my w2k3 server box when I include the block all rule in my pf.conf: block log all Here's the output: Apr 04 06:04:09.291697 rule 1/0(match): block in on hme0: call 3033 seq 0 gre-ppp-payload (gre encap) Apr 04... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH logs off and Client pptp goes off as well

Hi , I am a newbie to unix,linux i have a fedora core 4 linux. I had set it up as a pptp vpn client to a windows pptp server. Everything was working fine. Recently i saw that there were many attempts to hack into the root login using ssh. so i changed the ssh port,the ssh portocol to 2. And... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qais
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

configure: vpn pptp

Hi all I'd like to connect over pptp vpn. I have my username, passwd and remote address. Then i start the connection and i see that over my ppp0 interface there's the same address in inet and P-t-P. I think they should be different right? Reading something i find out that i should change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
0 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

pptp server - GUI

Hi guys. I am going to build a Linux VPN server(PPTP) for my friend but here is the problem: He don't know Linux and command line to manage users, monitor server, etc anyone knows a good GUI for this problem? I need some solution like nttacplus (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

6. Debian

Debian with PPTP Server

Dear All My scenario is Debian with PPTP Server in which I am able to connect to through other machines. Ive enable echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward and through client machine i can browse internet as well I created another pptp client in debian server which connects to another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazimnaim
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

PPTP VPN with static external IP

I try to setup a VPN Server (pptpd on Debian 5) to route an IP to my home PC when i login to the VPN - this works so far, i get the IP but then it is dead. i cannot connect to anywhere, and only ping my IP - nothing else. Any info on that? I just want to have a static, external IP on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: William_E
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to create a l2tp connection in Fedora 14?

Hi, I m a newbie in linux. We have a VPN server that has a public address.and we can connect to either PPtP or L2TP (PSK). Now I d like to know how can I connect to it with L2TP connection? Thanks in Advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steward
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No encryption using mpd5 PPTP VPN

Hello, So I was finally able to get mpd5 working as a vpn server, however I am not able to use encryption. I have a feeling it's this entry in the logs, can someone decipher what this means for me & tell me if it can be fixed? I know ng_mppc is related to mchap, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpreviti
0 Replies
vpnd(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   vpnd(8)

NAME
vpnd -- Mac OS X VPN service daemon SYNOPSIS
vpnd [-d | -n | -x] [-i server_id] vpnd [-h] DESCRIPTION
vpnd allows external hosts to tunnel via L2TP over IPSec or via PPTP from an insecure external network (such as the Internet) into a "secure" internal network, such as a corporate network. All traffic through the tunnel is encrypted to provide secure communications, with L2TP/IPSec providing a higher level of security than PPTP. vpnd listens for incoming connections, pairs each one with an available internal IP address, and passes the connection to pppd(8) with appro- priate parameters. Parameters for vpnd are specified in a system configuration (plist) file in XML format. This file contains a dictionary of configurations each identified by a key referred to as a server_id. Parameters include the tunneling protocol, IP addresses to be assigned to clients, PPP parameters etc. vpnd is launched for a particular configuration by using the -i option which takes the server_id to be run as an argument. vpnd can also be run without the -i option. In this case it will check the configuration file for a special array which contains a list of configurations to be run and will fork and exec a copy of vpnd for each server_id to be run. Running multiple vpnd processes simultaneously for a particular protocol is not allowed. vpnd will be launched during the boot process by a startup item if the field VPNSERVER is defined in /etc/hostconfig with the value -YES-. Typically, in this case it will be launched without the -i option and will check the configuration file to determine which configuration(s) are to be run. vpnd logs items of interest to the system log. A different log path can be specified in the configuration file. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -d Do not move to background and print log strings to the terminal. -h Print usage summary and exit. -i Server_id in the plist file that defines the configuration to be run. -n Do not move to background, print log information to the terminal, and quit after validating the argument list. -x Do not move to background. EXAMPLES
The default invocation, vpnd will read the list of configurations to run from the configuration file and launch them. This default configuration may be enabled at startup by defining VPNSERVER to -YES-. To specify a particular configuration to run use vpnd -i server_id FILES &; FOLDERS /usr/sbin/vpnd /etc/hostconfig /System/Library/StartupItems/NetworkExtensions /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.RemoteAccessServers.plist SEE ALSO
pppd(8) vpnd(5) Mac OS X 21 August 2003 Mac OS X