Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Lots of page faults on AIX mySQL lpar Post 302477253 by frank_rizzo on Friday 3rd of December 2010 08:52:45 PM
Old 12-03-2010
took a quick look at the data you provided. there are no issues with memory. are you actually experiencing performance issues?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Copy on Write page faults

Hello Please can you tell me how to access COPY ON WRITE page faults in HP -UNIX. I found the structure in /usr/include/sys/vmmeter with the structure name vmmeter. Please tell me the function to fill the values to this structure and also the arguments for function.:: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Intransient blocking page faults

Hi, Will anybody tell me what is this 'intransient blocking page faults' in HP-UX, it is in the structure _pst_vminfo in the header file /ust/include/sys/pstat/vm_pstat_body.h? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushaga
4 Replies

3. AIX

High Page Faults

Sorry my poor english In 570 pseries nmon shows excessive page faults, ascents of something more than 30000 Page faults. System: AIX 5.2 ML5 Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER5 Number Of Processors: 2 Processor Clock Speed: 1656 MHz CPU Type: 64-bit Kernel Type: 64-bit Memory Size: 2816 MB ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daviguez
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to Find if AIX machine is LPar or not

Hi, I want to know if there is any command which will tell me if an AIX machine is a LPar or not. I am using "lparstat -i" but it does not work on all AIX machines. Is there any generic command by whose output I will come to know if it is an LPar or not? Please help. Thanks, Vineet (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetd
3 Replies

5. AIX

Lots of page faults and free memory

Hello, I've been reading your forums for quite a while and the great amount of information I find here always come in hand.This time however, I need some specific help... I have a doubt with an AIX server which I'm failing to understand as I'm new to its concept of memory management... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flpgdt
8 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 7.1 high page faults

hi guys i hope you can help me with this situation. i have 2 lpar with aix 7.1 and oracle 11gr2 in grid mode. when i start nmon to check the current system health i notice that page fault are over 3000/s. than i have opened a case with ibm and they say that the problem is not paging nor... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullio23
10 Replies

7. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Page faults on OS

Hi guys, I have a zone on a M5000 server running solaris 10. The zone has an SAP application running on it and facing some performance issues. As part of the troubleshooting, I've been recommended to look for any paging on the OS. Please advise how to look for the paging. I've been looking at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
4 Replies

9. AIX

High Paging when lots of free memory AIX 5.3

I am new to AIX, I have few AIX 5.3 servers and I could see there are significant difference in paging space utilization on servers even though they are running same applications below server is working fine which shows 2-5 % paging usage throuh out the day cpu_scale_memp = 8... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibish
12 Replies

10. AIX

AIX LPAR FC connection to SAN

Hi all, In my system, I have HMC 7 with Power Machine 6 & 7. On the managed system, we have many lpars. In some lpars, I can see they are using virtual fiber channel to connect to DS8K storage. In search with google, I understand that it is configured with VIOS server to share the physical FC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
7 Replies
Package::Constants(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Package::Constants(3pm)

NAME
Package::Constants - List all constants declared in a package SYNOPSIS
use Package::Constants; ### list the names of all constants in a given package; @const = Package::Constants->list( __PACKAGE__ ); @const = Package::Constants->list( 'main' ); ### enable debugging output $Package::Constants::DEBUG = 1; DESCRIPTION
"Package::Constants" lists all the constants defined in a certain package. This can be useful for, among others, setting up an autogenerated "@EXPORT/@EXPORT_OK" for a Constants.pm file. CLASS METHODS
@const = Package::Constants->list( PACKAGE_NAME ); Lists the names of all the constants defined in the provided package. GLOBAL VARIABLES
$Package::Constants::DEBUG When set to true, prints out debug information to STDERR about the package it is inspecting. Helps to identify issues when the results are not as you expect. Defaults to false. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-package-constants@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-26 Package::Constants(3pm)