Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to write a script or program to automatic execute and link input file data Post 302477161 by perl_beginner on Friday 3rd of December 2010 11:54:36 AM
Old 12-03-2010
Thanks for your suggestion, Tytalus.
At least got give me some hits to write the program.
Actually I just not sure how to calculate statistic of input file 1 data and then automatic link the "answer" to the output file template format Smilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytalus
something like:

Code:
#  awk 'END{print "<input_file_name>"FILENAME"</input_file_name>\n<total_length_size>"NR"</total_length_size>\n<log_10_length_size>"log(NR)/log(10)"</log_10_length_size>\n"}' syslog
<input_file_name>syslog</input_file_name>
<total_length_size>386</total_length_size>
<log_10_length_size>2.58659</log_10_length_size>

what you're after ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent!! How to write a shell program to execute command to access internet?

hi, I am new ot unix. So, can i write a shell(c shell or korn shell) program to access internet? I mean if I run the program, it can access specified url and then copy the html to a file? Can anyone help me? And how can make the program runs every 1 hr? new comer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help-Script to execute Commands and write to excel file

Execute some commands in script and store result in excel sheet Kindly help me........... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Computer_baby
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a new file from 2 files as input to the script

Hi- I am hoping someone can give me some pointers to get me started. I have a file which contains some dn's .e.g file 1 cn=bob,cn=user,dc=com cn=kev,cn=user,dc=com cn=john,cn=user,dc=com I have a second file e.g. file.template which looks something like :- dn: <dn> objectclass:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to take input from file, match on it in file 2 and input data

All, I am trying to figure out a script to run in windows that will allow me to match on First column in file1 to 8th Column in File2 then Insert file1 column2 to file2 column4 then create a new file. File1: 12345 Sam 12346 Bob 12347 Bill File2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkoth
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get data from input file and write another file

Hi, i have doubt in read and write using bash shell script... i will give the input file path and output file path in command line ex : example.sh iputfile outpilepath Here i need to read the input data then write that data to output file.. please give some example : (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write shell script for input file name format checking?

Hello, I had written a shell script that accepts input file as cmd line argument and process this file. if ; then if ; then . $1 LOGFILE="$LOG_FILE/MIG_BIOS.log"; get_input_file else ERROR_CODE=MSCRM0005_003 error "$ERROR_CODE : Input file $1 is not available"; exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unfold the data from a input file and write to a file

I am working on a script to unfold data for each column from a specific line of data and write output in a single line. Input data looks like this. 2011-09-26 INF UM_10 UserMana Starting synchronization for security domain 14:37:31 080 gementSe . rvice I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read user input, Encrypt the data and write to file

Hi, can some one help me how to encrypt and decrypt a file. AIM: reade user input, encrypt it and save it to file. while decryption read the encrypted file decrypt it and save the output in some variable. Example: consider we have Credentials.txt file with content username: password... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell program with input

Hi, Here is my question: I want a shell script which I name as 'del', and can be used as del(string). when run del(string), it will delete several directories at different locations in my system,like: rm -fr /lustre/fs/scratch/user/$string rm -fr /home/user/$string rm -fr... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1988PF
4 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)