Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Giving a name to a Terminal in "Xfce" desktop environment Post 302477121 by Corona688 on Friday 3rd of December 2010 09:59:34 AM
Old 12-03-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooge789
How do I modify the name of an open existing xterm window? I do not wish to open a new xterm.
That is precisely what my first answer does:
Code:
echo -ne "\033]0;This Is My Window Title\007"

If this doesn't work, the commandline switch may be overriding it. You should fix whatever script runs it with that to not do that.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. OS X (Apple)

"Locate" Shows Files but Not "LS" in Terminal

OS-X 10.8.4 Using locate I get these results: 10:~ mize$ locate /Users/mize/*.sh /Users/mize/Zend/workspaces/DefaultWorkspace/SLM/vendor/ZF2/bin/check-cs.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload_to_server.sh /Users/mize/copy_form_functions_php_to_jpl.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Mize
7 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)	 Perl Programmers Reference Guide     CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource - add custom sources to CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
### elaborate help text CPAN Terminal> /? cs ### add a new custom source CPAN Terminal> /cs --add file:///path/to/releases ### list all your custom sources by CPAN Terminal> /cs --list ### display the contents of a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --contents file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --contents 1 ### Update a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --update file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --update 1 ### Remove a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --remove file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --remove 1 ### Write an index file for a custom source, to share ### with 3rd parties or remote users CPAN Terminal> /cs --write file:///path/to/releases ### Make sure to save your sources when adding/removing ### sources, so your changes are reflected in the cache: CPAN Terminal> x DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that can add custom sources to your CPANPLUS installation. This is a wrapper around the "custom module sources" code as outlined in "CUSTOM MODULE SOURCES" in CPANPLUS::Backend. This allows you to extend your index of available modules beyond what's available on "CPAN" with your own local distributions, or ones offered by third parties. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)