Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Version Control Through the Shell Script Post 302477049 by R0H0N on Friday 3rd of December 2010 06:41:11 AM
Old 12-03-2010
On top of the every script you can introduce these lines and SCCS will automatically track the version information.

so your script will look like:
PHP Code:
# SCCS information:
# %Z%        File: %M%
# %Z%     Version: %I%
# %Z%   SCCS Base: %F%
# %Z%  Updated on: %E% at %U%
# %Z% Obtained on: %D% at %T%
#
# Name:  
#     Program Name
#
# Purpose:
#     Purpose of the code. 
#
# Description:
#     Description.
#
# Author:
#     James Bond
#
# History:
#     01-Jun-2009 Mon   James Bond
#             First version checked in.

code line 1
code line 2
code line 3
code line 4
code line 5
code line 6 
now if changes required after line 4 then
PHP Code:
# SCCS information:
# %Z%        File: %M%
# %Z%     Version: %I%
# %Z%   SCCS Base: %F%
# %Z%  Updated on: %E% at %U%
# %Z% Obtained on: %D% at %T%
#
# Name:  
#     Program Name
#
# Purpose:
#     Purpose of the code. 
#
# Description:
#     Description.
#
# Author:
#     James Bond
#
# History:
#     01-Jun-2009 Mon   James Bond
#             First version checked in.
#     01-Jan-2010 Wed   Bond James
#             Changes done.

code line 1
code line 2
code line 3
code line 4
code changed
code line 5
code line 6 

R0H0N

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Version Control

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post my question on Version Control. Anyway, here it is! I use CVS for source code maintainence in my Solaris box. Is there any command where I can find out in CVS, if any check-in/check-out was done in the last 24 hours? I need a listing of all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

control over shell script

Hi.. I have a perl program that uses "system" to execute a shell script called startengine. The script "startengine" itself calls a lot of other smaller scripts to setup the engine etc. It finally has to execute ./engine which is another shell script which is long and takes a long time to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JLJ
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Control Cronjobs using Shell Script??

Hi All, Now i am running the 3 oracle procedures one by one manually. Query: If 1st Procedure OUT_PUT is Success, then call 2nd Procedure. If 2nd Procedure OUT_PUT is Success, then call 3rd Procedure. If 1st Procedure is failed, then no need of calling the other ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to disable and enable <control>-c or -z in a shell script

Dear all, good day. i'm asking about how to disable <control>-c or <control>-z in the beginning of a shell script then enable it again before the script exit Best Regards ---------- Post updated at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:18 AM ---------- Dear All i found the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control browser from shell script

I have a browser running in a separate virtual terminal and would like to be able to send shortcut codes (e.g. ctrl+A) to the browser (and have it react) from a bash script in a separate virtual terminal. I need to keep the script in the separate virtual terminal. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple version control script for text files

HI guys, Could you help me writing a simple version control script for a text files. the format could be ./version_control <file(s)> (I want it to be able to work with more than 1 file at the same time) commands are add and get, add means you add new file(s) to the archive, get means you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3270226
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control m Character removal shell script

can anyone share script for how to remove control m character (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pw227j
1 Replies

8. Programming

Version control for audit

Hi.I am running some scripts from a "scripts" directory for my job (I am working in Financial industry).For compliance purposes I need to use a "release" directory when running them using some sort of version control(CVS,SVN or GIT) in case the program is audited.Basically I have to maintain a dev... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolleikid
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing control back to the shell script

Hi All, I have a shell script(test_abc.sh) with the following shell commands, which are invoking the same shell script with different parameters. test_abc.sh . ./test.sh abc >> test.log . ./test.sh xyz >> test.log . ./test.sh pys >> test.log . ./test.sh abc >> test.log . . ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
4 Replies
Net::Sieve::Script::Action(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::Sieve::Script::Action(3pm)

NAME
Net::Sieve::Script::Action - parse and write actions in sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
use Net::Sieve::Script::Action; $action = Net::Sieve::Script::Action->new('redirect "bart@example.edu"'); or $action = Net::Sieve::Script::Action->new(); $action->command('redirect'); $action->param('"bart@example.edu"'); DESCRIPTION
Action object for Net::Sieve::Script, with command and optional param. Support RFC 5228, RFC 5230 (vacation), regex draft METHODS
CONSTRUCTOR new Argument : "command param" string, parse valid commands from RFCs, param are not validate. command read command : "$action->command()" set command : "$action->command('stop')" param read param : "$action->param()" set param : "$action->param(' :days 3 "I am away this week."')" equals return 1 if actions are equals AUTHOR
Yves Agostini - Univ Metz - <agostini@univ-metz.fr> <http://www.crium.univ-metz.fr> COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.0 2008-09-15 Net::Sieve::Script::Action(3pm)